Valued Contributor

Just got carded at 67! - guess my skincare is working...LOL!

I was just checking out at the supermarket and had a can of beer with my groceries. The guy said "I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you for some ID". I asked him incredulously -"You think I'm not old enough to drink" and he asked for ID again. I said "how about my Medicare card. Will that do?" I asked if he anything wrong with his eyes and was told "no, they are fine". I told him PLEASE don't apologize and that he made my day - no- he made my year...LOL". Amazing. I do look young, but isn't the drinking age 21? I do know they are carding under 40, but that's STILL 27 years! I'm a happy camper :-)!

Super Contributor

Re: Just got carded at 67! - guess my skincare is working...LOL!

Enjoy the moment That guy knows how to make a ladies day!

Honored Contributor

Okay, Blondelle, I've got a few questions for you, if you choose to respond:

1. Did both of your parents have young-looking skin as they aged?

2. Do you stay out of the sun at all costs? If so, did you ever try to tan?

3. What moisturizers (day and night) and foundation do you use?

4. Do you faithfully eat a healthy diet?

These are the contributing factors I can think of.

Thanks! And congrats on tricking Father Time!

Respected Contributor

On 7/10/2014 Goldie76 said: Okay, Blondelle, I've got a few questions for you, if you choose to respond: 1. Did both of your parents have young-looking skin as they aged? 2. Do you stay out of the sun at all costs? If so, did you ever try to tan? 3. What moisturizers (day and night) and foundation do you use? 4. Do you faithfully eat a healthy diet? These are the contributing factors I can think of. Thanks!

I want to know too. Good questions!

Congrats. to OP by the way!

Regular Contributor

That happened to me in Cali. I laughed because I thought the cashier was kidding. Seriously, I said! She said, "yes mam, it's the law. OOOOKAY I replied. It was still funny to me.

Honored Contributor

My cousin's son works at the grocery store and carded me once for buying wine - I reminded him he was over 21 and I was an adult when he was born - he said I know but I have to put your DL in the computer.

Super Contributor

I don't mean to burst anyone's bubble here, but I'm 62 and I frequently am asked for my ID when I make a wine purchase at the store. A couple of the sales people told me they MUST ask for ID no matter how old you are. It's store policy to keep them out of trouble.

Esteemed Contributor

On 7/10/2014 happy housewife said:

My cousin's son works at the grocery store and carded me once for buying wine - I reminded him he was over 21 and I was an adult when he was born - he said I know but I have to put your DL in the computer.

Yep our grocery store has to enter the Dl or the sale won't go through. It's actually a good idea.

Super Contributor

On 7/10/2014 happy housewife said:

Yeah, a local store has begun carding everyone and the clerk told me they have to make sure everyone has their ID ON them and that everyone has to be ASKED. A new policy since one of their stores was busted for selling to a minor. :-) I didn't for a minute believe he thought me with my saggy face and white hair might be underage -- figured it was a CYA policy.

Honored Contributor

On 7/10/2014 makeupaddicted1 said:

I don't mean to burst anyone's bubble here, but I'm 62 and I frequently am asked for my ID when I make a wine purchase at the store. A couple of the sales people told me they MUST ask for ID no matter how old you are. It's store policy to keep them out of trouble.

LOL!! I was just about to say the same thing!...I'm 60 and whenever I purchase wine or beer in Wegman's they must ask for ID....it doesn't matter what your age is.