Super Contributor

Packed in a hurry and forgot my Wen and Philosophy - OH BOY

We got a call Friday morning that my MIL was in ICU. Threw things in a bag in a hurry. Forgot my WEN and my Philosophy shower gel. I had Alligator Skin (Yes we were in Gainesville at the Shands hospital but didnt want to look like their mascot). YIKES. I used to keep a small bag packed for medical purposes but thankfully my hubbie's issues have passed. When I got home I dug and found the starter kit of WEN from Guthy I have never used and it is going in my emergency bag. Just need to buy a small refillable bottle at the store for some of my Philosophy shower gel so this never happens again.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Frequent Contributor

Re: Packed in a hurry and forgot my Wen and Philosophy - OH BOY

Good plan! It's awful to be without ones' essentials.

Super Contributor

Bed Bath and Beyond has some wonderful travel plastic shampoo bottles, cream jars etc. I buy these and fill them with my own shampoo, etc. when I go on vacation.

If you keep them in a zip lock bag, they will be handy for you anytime you need to leave unexpectedly or want to have those items in your gym bag.

Honored Contributor

My husband recently went on a short trip and didn't bring his WEN because he thought it would be no big deal to use the hotel shampoo (he was staying in a super fancy one so thought it should be good). He called me up and said never again- he said his scalp felt dry and itchy using the shampoo in the hotel, which was Phyto or some name brand, can't remember exactly. He then was going on a week-long trip and he insisted on bringing his SMC WEN. He said he won't make that mistake again!

There are certain products I insist on bringing with me on a trip- my skincare and haircare are always top priority, everything else is just gravy. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Find a shop, Target, and pick up one of the Herbal Essence or Pantene conditioning cleansers and purchase some Shea Moisture shower gel or bar of soap. I love the bars because they last so long. Love the Raw Shea Butter one with the Frankincense and Myrrh. They are so moisturizing and lather so well! Also pick up some travel bottles for the next trip!

Honored Contributor

OP, many people have recommend the Go Toob travel bottles for transport of WEN. I use something similar and it is perfect. Never any leaks and you can squeeze out the very last drop. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

If you have a sally beauty supply in the area you can buy hair one. Not exactly the same as Wen but similar. I used this before I started using Wen and would use again if I ever run out of Wen.

Honored Contributor

On 7/9/2014 maryfw said:

We got a call Friday morning that my MIL was in ICU. Threw things in a bag in a hurry. Forgot my WEN and my Philosophy shower gel. I had Alligator Skin (Yes we were in Gainesville at the Shands hospital but didnt want to look like their mascot). YIKES. I used to keep a small bag packed for medical purposes but thankfully my hubbie's issues have passed. When I got home I dug and found the starter kit of WEN from Guthy I have never used and it is going in my emergency bag. Just need to buy a small refillable bottle at the store for some of my Philosophy shower gel so this never happens again.

That's funny.

I hope your MIL is doing well.

Super Contributor

Firstly, I hope your MIL is much better, maryfw.

Secondly, I ran into this problem, myself, back in April. I was sent over to Mayo Hospital ICU-lite directly from a Mayo Clinic appt. So, I had nothing with me except what was on me & in my purse. After 4 days with tubes, etc. everywhere, I was allowed a quick shower/shampoo. The only thing available was the hospital "shampoo/shower gel". It felt so good, but could also feel my hair turning into a major nest. After what seemed like an hour of rinsing I WAS left with a nest on my head.

With my Wen I comb right through my hair. On that day it took 2 1/2 hours to comb it out. And I have shoulder-length hair. Never again will I be without my Wen!!!

Super Contributor

So, how's your MIL? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}