Regular Contributor

O/T Scrapbooking Supplies ?????

I don't scrapbook but my mom used to and she is out of many of her supplies. I wanted to get her a gift card so she could purchase what she needs. Is Michael's a good place? It's close to her. Hobby Lobby is the other choice but on the other side of town. Don't think there are any straight scrap booking places.

Thanks. And yes - I know this isn't the right forum but I always post here.

Super Contributor

Re: O/T Scrapbooking Supplies ?????

Michaels has scrapbook supplies but HSN has quite a bit too. I think sometimes HSN has a better selection. Sorry don't know about Hobby Lobby since I don't have one near me.

Super Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} Yes to Michael's. I used to buy products there. I know HSN carries product but I don't have personal experience. If your mom is good with a computer, you can find a great variety on ebay. I know because I used to sell there. ;-)

Super Contributor

Look on the left side where the forums are listed. FOR THE HOME has a SCRAPBOOKING subsection. You may get some info there as well.

Regular Contributor

Thanks for the replies. I saw the scrapbooking section but didn't look like it got a lot of action. LOL. I googled Scrapbook supplies for where my mom lives and all that popped was Michael's and Hobby Lobby. The local stores that only carried Scrapbooking supplies are out of business. I know HSN carries supplies but I was thinking she would like to go look in person.

Super Contributor

On 7/8/2014 Linda129 said:

Thanks for the replies. I saw the scrapbooking section but didn't look like it got a lot of action. LOL. I googled Scrapbook supplies for where my mom lives and all that popped was Michael's and Hobby Lobby. The local stores that only carried Scrapbooking supplies are out of business. I know HSN carries supplies but I was thinking she would like to go look in person.

There was a time where scrapbooking and rubber stamping mom&pop stores were everywhere. Most haven't survived, like other small businesses.

Oh yes! Your Mom can have a blast walking around Michael's. Loads of great stuff you never knew you needed until you saw it there. Wink

Honored Contributor

Michael's and Hobby Lobby are both good scrapbooking supplies places. There's also a website called Scrapbook dot com that has just about anything she could possibly need. I don't know if they sell gift cards though.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

By the way, July 23 is all day paper craft on HSN, should your mom be interested. They often have some good deals and shipping charges are usually half price on all craft purchases during the day after full price shipping on the highest S/H cost.

Honored Contributor

Depending on where you are, larger Walmarts stock most of the basics, and Joann's has a ton of supplies too.
Regular Contributor

Thanks violann. I forgot about Joann's.