Occasional Contributor

Invisable at the mac counter at nordstroms

I went to the mall. No one waited on me. I asked for help with brushes a young girl hesitated and showed me but did not offer to apply eyeshadow. I had money to spend. Do young girls think that us over 50 do not want to look pretty. Sad
Valued Contributor

Re: Invisable at the mac counter at nordstroms

It's interesting you should post this because I just posted a thread today about what a great experience I had at my local MAC store having my eye make up done by a nice young MUA and I am 62. I guess it all depends on who you are dealing with!

Super Contributor

I had a similar problem at Banana Republic. I felt dismissed. I wrote an email and complained. They called me, acted very nice and seemed concerned, tried to make it better. But I doubt I will ever go in that store again. Their major loss!

Trusted Contributor

I have felt that way also many times. I try to avoid going to the young snotty types.

Super Contributor

I'm sorry that happened to you - it never feels good to be "dismissed". However, speaking as a former "young sales girl", it's maybe a little unfair to group them all together with this young lady who gave you poor service. Perhaps it had nothing to do with your respective ages, but was due to her incompetence or disinterest in her job(?) Just a thought ...

Honored Contributor

Maybe I have more chutzpah than most...or a "bigger set"...but if I need help & no one is around, I walk up, point blank & ask for help. What is hard about that!! Grow a pair. It'll carry you far!!!

Contributor

I had a similar experience at Nordstrom's. I was wearing a Chico's outfit and carrying a Coach bag. My hair and make-up were perfect. I was ignored. Apparently, my money was not good enough for them. I went to Macy's and purchased the same item.
Trusted Contributor

The MAC counter at my Nordstrom is always very busy and chaotic. I'm sorry you had that experience. It's happened to me, too. Then the next time I was in I was helped by a lovely young lady. So maybe try again.

Respected Contributor

I'm sorry this happened. Let me also say that, when I was younger (In my 20s-- I'm in my early 30s now), there were several times I went to stores and know I was dismissed because salespeople thought I was too young and wasn't going to spend a lot. The thing is, I was frugal and had a great job, and had no problem dropping money on something I wanted, so I figured it was their loss. If I want to spend money, I'll gladly do so, especially if the salesperson is nice. Just know that it isn't all the salespeople. You likely just got a big ol' dud. And I wouldn't have hesitate to nicely tell her that I was planning on purchasing itemS, but wouldn't today because she was too good to help you. It's one thing if a store is completely slammed and you get lost in the shuffle. It's a completely different thing if they are unhelpful and borderline rude.
Super Contributor

That's a good time to use the ""Pretty Woman"" line.