Frequent Contributor

I had blepharoplasty one week ago :-)

So last Friday July 27th, I had upper blepharoplasty, Botox on 11's, and lower laser. I am looking pretty darn good, I think! Minimal bruising, tiny swelling just when I get up. I am so excited! Couldn't be happier. The bleph was a breeze, the lasered areas were harder to deal with as day 3 & 4 were tough, swollen, skin weeping, discomfort-although I can't say I ever had any serious pain. I used ice the first few days, kept it moist with balm the surgeon gave me. I can't believe how quickly it is healing after that point! I was fortunate that I had someone who was with me the whole week so I didn't have to do anything but take care of my eyes. I am soooo happy I did this. I am cleared for make up next week...new eyeliner, here I come! If you are considering this, do it! I'm sure you will be happy, too :-) Thanks to all who offered support, encouragement & positive thoughts!!!!
Trusted Contributor

Re: I had blepharoplasty one week ago :-)

glad to hear of your success .thank you for sharing!

Valued Contributor

Good for you! Better than wasting money on lots of firming creams and just getting it finally done right! Hope the rest of your recovery is speedy Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

We all keep telling the ladies who are asking for recommendations for eye cream to get rid of upper and lower "bags", forget it. Find a good plastic surgeon and have your eyes done.

It's easy, safe, you'll love love love the results. And you'll say to yourself 100 times,

"why didn't I do this sooner?"

Glad you love yours.

Respected Contributor

I had my upper eye lids done a few years ago because I felt "tired" all the time when in fact, it was my droopy upper lids. I had to jump through hoops with the insurance company but it was so worth it.

Super Contributor

Congrats!
Esteemed Contributor

Great news for you! Thanks for the update. I'm absolutely thinking about it. I have my dad's light blue/gray eyes, which I love, but darn it, I have those droopy lids, too. I love wearing eye make up, but every day I'm reminded that my lids are drooping. I am 60. I work at a college and would love to get this surgery done right before our 10 days winter holiday break. Your comments are encouraging. Thank you so much. I know you're going to love it.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Super Contributor

Congratulations Zebsmom! I followed your other thread and I'm glad to hear everything went smoothly. I've been wanting to have a lower bleph done for years but I can't get up the nerve. I went for 3 consultations over the years and chickened out each time.

I think one of the big problems I'm having is just finding a surgeon. I don't know anyone who has had this surgery who can recommend a doctor. How did you (or anyone else reading here) find your surgeon? I'm too afraid to choose one without a personal rec.

Esteemed Contributor

Good for you!! So happy to hear you're happy and all went well ! I know I should have this done. I'm tired of buying treatments with little results. I'm working up nerve and would want the best surgeon. Please keep us informed and how good you will be looking as time goes on! Thanks for posting!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Good for you! I knew you would be happy. Smiley Happy