Super Contributor

My dark spots are disapearing!

I bought 20% salicylic acid peel and have been dabbing it on my dark spots. My worst 3 have peeled off of my face. Only took a few days. Last night I put some on a bandaid and put in on a spot on my jawline. I took the bandaid off this morning to find a red welt. I thought, maybe the bandaid wasn't a good idea. About an hour later it was feeling tender and kinda itchy. I rubbed it and the skin came off! Not deep, but left a pink mark. Now another hour later it feels fine. Tonight I am gong the try the bandaids on my hands. I also have a thick spot on my arm that is getting thinner, due to using this peel. I just dab before I go to bed.

Valued Contributor

Re: My dark spots are disapearing!

Where did you get the peel from? What were you using on your skin prior to this?

Super Contributor

Kind1too, which brand are you using?

Super Contributor

Skin Laboratory

Salicylic Acid 20% Gel Peel, Roll-on (Professional)

I got it from Amazon $14.50

I tried to copy the link, but it wouldn't let me. You should be able to do a search on amazon. It is made by Skin Laboratory, they have other peels too. Test it on you skin first, because you don't want to have any reactions. It is just slightly stronger than wart medicine so I wasn't afraid. It feels less harsh on my skin than 10% glycolic acid. I normally use Alpha Hydro nightly. I found some PTR wrinkle pad that I have been using the last week. My main concern is my acne type rosacea. I found if I use Alpha Hydrox every night, I don't break out and it keeps my skin smooth. Also, I have use Retin A in the past but I hated all the peeling. So just this week I have decided to try it twice a week and put a moisturizer immediately on top.

Honored Contributor

On 7/1/2014 Kind1too said:

Skin Laboratory

I tried to copy the link, but it wouldn't let me. You should be able to do a search on amazon. It is made by Skin Laboratory, they have other peels too. Test it on you skin first, because you don't want to have any reactions. It is just slightly stronger than wart medicine so I wasn't afraid. It feels less harsh on my skin than 10% glycolic acid. I normally use Alpha Hydro nightly. I found some PTR wrinkle pad that I have been using the last week. My main concern is my acne type rosacea. I found if I use Alpha Hydrox every night, I don't break out and it keeps my skin smooth. Also, I have use Retin A in the past but I hated all the peeling. So just this week I have decided to try it twice a week and put a moisturizer immediately on top.

Thanks for the review! This sounds worth giving a try.

You are leaving the gel peel on overnight? The instructions on Amazon say to leave it on 1 minute, then remove with lots of water. Then gradually increase how long you leave it on. It does not say anything about working up to leaving it on overnight.

Valued Contributor

This sounds interesting and worth a try. I have one spot on my face that the dermatologist ""froze"" about 2 weeks apart. Very little results.

Does anybody know if this is available anywhere else?

Honored Contributor

20% salicylic is the "same as" wart or callus remover. Walgreens.....cheap. (Actually, I've been doing this for years).

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

I have dabbed the wart remover on dark spots before. I think it's 17% Salicylic Acid.

I liked it because it has the little applicator wand so I could dab right on the spot and not the surrounding skin.

It worked really well for a couple of freckles I had on my face. It didn't do as well for a couple of spots on my hands but I think maybe that is because I needed to give them a 2nd or 3rd dose and I just never did.

Super Contributor

On 7/1/2014 willdob3 said:
On 7/1/2014 Kind1too said:

Skin Laboratory

I tried to copy the link, but it wouldn't let me. You should be able to do a search on amazon. It is made by Skin Laboratory, they have other peels too. Test it on you skin first, because you don't want to have any reactions. It is just slightly stronger than wart medicine so I wasn't afraid. It feels less harsh on my skin than 10% glycolic acid. I normally use Alpha Hydro nightly. I found some PTR wrinkle pad that I have been using the last week. My main concern is my acne type rosacea. I found if I use Alpha Hydrox every night, I don't break out and it keeps my skin smooth. Also, I have use Retin A in the past but I hated all the peeling. So just this week I have decided to try it twice a week and put a moisturizer immediately on top.<br />

Thanks for the review! This sounds worth giving a try.

You are leaving the gel peel on overnight? The instructions on Amazon say to leave it on 1 minute, then remove with lots of water. Then gradually increase how long you leave it on. It does not say anything about working up to leaving it on overnight.

I leave it on overnight. I know wart remover is usually 17% salicylic acid and that is slow acting, I figured 20% wasn't that much stronger. I had already read where wart remover worked for age spots. I also read in the reviews where some had left it on overnight. I put in on my leg where I have a large very dark spot as my test. It did nothing. So then I put in on my face and figured if it started burning I would wash it off. It tingled slightly, so I left it on. I have only spot treated my face. When I use PTR antiwrinkle pads I leave it on overnight too. The first time I followed instructions, but it didn't seem to work for me. Even though I am fair and have rosacea, I don't have sensitive skin. Fair skin and rosacea usually go hand in hand with sensitive skin. I guess I should be grateful for that. Over the last several years I have put every thing imaginable on my skin, trying to clear up the rough, flaky, oil-dry acne like bumps from my face. I was even in a clinical trial.

Super Contributor

On 7/1/2014 Desertdi said:

20% salicylic is the "same as" wart or callus remover. Walgreens.....cheap. (Actually, I've been doing this for years).

Yes this is just a little stronger. I'm always on the look out for active ingredients in lower cost options.