Valued Contributor

Warm sheer mid-tone plum lipstick...

I was at Macy's this afternoon with a friend. We stopped by the Chanel counter (my friend is obsessed with Chanel) and the sales associate was wearing the most beautiful plummy lipstick from the Fall 2014 collection called "Aura". In the tube it looked scary, but once applied it was very wearable. I would love to find something similar, but not so pricey ($35). Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks!

Super Contributor

Re: Warm sheer mid-tone plum lipstick...

Bobbi Brown - Rich Lip Color ""Plum Rose"" $25

Love this shade. Goes well with my fair/light skin and cool undertones. I got the Plum Blush at the same time. Complement each other well. Nothing stark or harsh. Beautiful plum berry mid-range color.

Honored Contributor

Look at ""Neutrogena's Moisture Smooth in Plum Perfect"".

Honored Contributor

You may want to check out MAC. They have quite the assortment of colors and prices aren't too bad either! I have tried out Milani lipsticks and they have very beautiful colors and you can get them right at most Walgreens!!!!They have a color called Violet Volt that looks scary but is so beautiful on!!!!

Honored Contributor

Laura Mercier's Creme Smooth lipstick in Plum Orchid is what I wear. It's really beautiful. It's $27.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

Thanks Ladies!

Honored Contributor

Sort of related: Chanel nail polish is one of the very worst rated by Consumer Reports for wear.

Super Contributor

Check out Clinique's Black Honey Almost Lipstick. It's also very dark in the tube but goes on sheer.

Super Contributor

On 6/29/2014 depglass said:

Sort of related: Chanel nail polish is one of the very worst rated by Consumer Reports for wear.

Well, that's a bummer! The colors I saw recently were quite lovely. Way more than I was willing to spend. But quite lovely.

Trusted Contributor

Chanel is worth the price. I only wear their lipsticks and have been doing so for 25 years. They have several lipstick lines. Did you look at their Coco shine lipstick? It's what I wear in the summer most of the time. When I want a heavier/creamier lipstick I wear something from their Rouge Allure line. Their lipsticks last a long time - I would never wear anything else.