Super Contributor

My 2.5 year old iPad went kaput the other day. The screen went black and that was it. I've never had an ounce of trouble with it until it died. I went to the Genius Bar (yeah right, geniuses, all of them) today, and they told me that was it, they'd GIVE me $100 towards a new one. Really? Anyone have a similar problem? Just wondering if I should skip buying a new iPad and try another brand. What tablet do YOU use and how do you like it?

Trusted Contributor

Re: My iPad went kaput ... :(

Try Android! Samsung has a new one coming in a week or two. 8.5 and 10.5. Supposed to be lighter than iPad air, & (they say) better visual than any apple. I believe it's called Samsung Pro S.
Respected Contributor

I would go to the iPad forums on Apple.com and ask. Maybe the rechargeable battery died, which they will do I think. But see what's on the forum. Maybe it is something Apple can repair rather than buy another.Smiley Happy. Good luck.
Regular Contributor

I'd call Apple and talk about your unhappiness, tell them it's not acceptable.

Super Contributor

Wonder what the average life is with the iPad? Anyone know?
Respected Contributor

800-275-2273. This is number for Apple service per forum.
New Contributor

My iphone did that Sat.. Took it to the AT&T store and the guy held down the home button and the on/off button at the same time till the apple came on the screen. Give it a try!
Esteemed Contributor

On 6/23/2014 Kaykaygirl said: My iphone did that Sat.. Took it to the AT&T store and the guy held down the home button and the on/off button at the same time till the apple came on the screen. Give it a try!

this is what I had to do when my Nook ""died""....the help person told me to hold it down and darned if it didn't come back to ""life"".....

when my Samsung ""froze"" I applied the same theory and surprise...it ""unfroze""....

Respected Contributor

I was just googling and it says the life expectancy is like 2.5 years?? Yikes...now my mini I use everyday, but my full size is over 2 years now.
Trusted Contributor

My original iPad is over 3 yrs old and still going strong and I update it once a week....I got a iPad air for Christmas.....I wanted the video/camera feature. my son also has his original when they first came out....maybe 4 yrs ago? . I would take it to an Apple store.