Super Contributor

Tracking returns has become a joke

QVC tracking returns is laughable. It isn't updated often. Nice way for QVC to drag out refunds. Obviously using the cheapest method of shipping returns. The competition is way better than QVC in the returns department.

Super Contributor

Re: Tracking returns has become a joke

It's not QVC's fault. They, and other shopping channels, sometimes use "agents" -- and I think it's the agents that fail to update the progress.

At my post office we just drop off pre-paid packages and often it doesn't get scanned until the agent picks it up. They told me (my PO) that they don't pick up every day, usually a few times a week, so often the "picked up by agent" doesn't appear until a couple of days after I've dropped off the package.

Then there often seems to be no -- or very little -- update until it's delivered.

I've never had a package NOT reach the Q, so although it's aggravating as all heck, it's okay. And usually in a timely manner -- even though it just seems to be taking an eternity because we don't know what's going on.

If I really want it tracked, I'll pay the postage at the PO and send it priority mail.

But it's not the Q dragging out the returns.

Same issue with SHOP HQ, IMO.

Respected Contributor

QVC is much better than some. I just had a shipping experience within the past month with Duluth Trading Co. I returned items for an exchange, and it took 15 days for them to send a positive response that they had received it. When I called inbetween this time I was told to allow at least 2 weeks for a response on a return. I got no notification of the exchanged items being shipped, which got delivered 10 days later, and went to the wrong address.

Esteemed Contributor

I sent a package back to HSN and it took almost a month!!!! Just this past week it took PayPal over a week to credit my account back and there was no product involved..I ordered something from E-Bay....it was out of stock...seller refunded my money same day...PayPal said my refund had been logged (same day)...yet PayPal ""sat"" on it for a week before crediting my credit card....sometimes we have to stop and take a deep breath...and wait out our refund.....

If I really need my refund right away....I take it to UPS and pay for the return...always costs more....but it gets there in a day or two...and there is always good tracking...

Respected Contributor

I always get super-fast credit from HSN, & I'm on the west coast.

On the other hand, QVC couldn't be any slower. The tracking is usually non-existent. I've had to call CS a few times because there was zero tracking, & no credit. Their response? "I don't know why they didn't cedit your account- it arrived a week ago. I'll go ahead & do it for you now".

Why should I have to call them to locate my package & credit? I'd much rather deal with HSN's shipping & returns.

Honored Contributor

To get good tracking, you need to send it back by carrier of your choice versus the return label.

Valued Contributor

I returned an item to QVC using the prepaid return label. It dropped it off at the post office on May 15. After about two weeks of hearing nothing, I checked the tracking and all it said was that it has been logged into the system. Finally on May 31, I noticed that the tracking said "accepted by the agent." I can only assume my package sat in the post office for two weeks before it went anywhere. I did finally receive a refund but it took almost a month to get it. If you check the internet for SmartPost, there are hundreds of complaints. As a matter of fact, I also used a prepaid return label for another item (not QVC) and it has never been logged into the system and it was dropped off at the post office on May 21. I have been in touch with the company I ordered the item from and there's really nothing they can do. I can only assume the item was lost or stolen. I am done with prepaid return labels. I returned some clothing items from QVC last week and I purchased my own postage and insurance; I dropped it off June 3 and I received a message today that I had received my refund. SmartPost is absolutely awful.

Super Contributor

On 6/13/2014 graycatsrule said:

To get good tracking, you need to send it back by carrier of your choice versus the return label.

I know. I keep posting that but people don't read it, apparently. You summed it up perfectly. If you want good tracking, send it back by carrier of your choice vs return label. Good job!

Occasional Contributor

HSN is better for me, in AZ.for returns I like using UPS rather than the post office. What is surprising, is that when I order from QVC , it comes faster and mostly they use the post office. Hsn stalls for a day or so in Vernon to Cerritos CA.
Respected Contributor

Second poster is correct. I got the same info from my post office. Although I drop an item off, it is not picked up that day by the carrier service. Per the post office it can sometimes take up to 3-4 days for the item to get picked up depending if I drop it on a Saturday.

I have always gotten my credit and it has never rolled into the next credit card cycle. Not complaining on this end.

Deb