Occasional Contributor
This is coming a little late. But did anyone see the Dr. Denese Day cream on the models around midnight? It looked awful. I've never seen a day cream that brought out every skin texture problem on every one of the models. Most of them had smooth skin in the before shot and with the cream you could see very pore, fine line, and just ugly texture. I was always curious about Dr. Denese skin care but this made me hesitate yo buy anything from her.
Regular Contributor

I personally have wonderful results with many of Dr. Denese products. But her Day Cream is the one thing in her line I can not use. It would not match my fair skin. It did seem to make my fine lines look worse and it made me break out with blemishes. I also do not like the matt finish that it gives. I personally think a matt finish makes me look older. I prefer a dewy finish. Aside from the day cream I only use her products. I am 52 and have used many products over the years with minimal results. Dr. Denese products actually do what they claim. I have seen reduced lines, firmer skin, reduced pore size and brighter skin tone. So if you are on the fence don't let the Day Cream scare you away. Just choose some of her other products and purchase your SPF from another line. Hope that helps. Have a great day.

Respected Contributor
On 6/13/2014 LindseyTaylor said:

I personally have wonderful results with many of Dr. Denese products. But her Day Cream is the one thing in her line I can not use. It would not match my fair skin. It did seem to make my fine lines look worse and it made me break out with blemishes. I also do not like the matt finish that it gives. I personally think a matt finish makes me look older. I prefer a dewy finish. Aside from the day cream I only use her products. I am 52 and have used many products over the years with minimal results. Dr. Denese products actually do what they claim. I have seen reduced lines, firmer skin, reduced pore size and brighter skin tone. So if you are on the fence don't let the Day Cream scare you away. Just choose some of her other products and purchase your SPF from another line. Hope that helps. Have a great day.

Could you tell me what in her line you use and maybe what each works for, for you. Thanks.
Trusted Contributor

The majority of my skincare products are from Dr. Denise and have been using them for years. After enduring years of skin problems, I find that they are the best for my skin - knowing well that everyone reacts differently. I'm 78 years old and my routine is simple. There are 5 products that I use in addition to Dr. D. -

A.M. - cleanse with CeraVee. Alpha Hydrox Souffle. Dr. D Hydroshield Serum. Dr. D Hydroshield Dream Cream. Dr. D SPF 30 Day cream. Mascara, blush, lipstick.

P.M. - Cleanse with CeraVee. Dr. D firming pads. Alpha Hydrox ResQ Retinol Cream. Dr. D Firming Age Corrector Cream.

Once a Week - Cleanse. Peter T Roth Peeling Gel. Masque-ology collagen mask for 30 min. Dr D Hydroshield Serum, followed by Firming Cream.

I purchase my products directly from Dr. D when she has a 25% sale, which she has about twice a year, which also saves on tax and shipping. PTR is purchased from Skinstore when they have their 20% sale, and the masks are from TJMaxx.

Oh - and Dr D. gives the Mr. Rebates discount too! ( I look to save money wherever I can!!!)

Valued Contributor

I used the day cream, but found EltaMD 41 to be better in texture, did not oxidize on my skin, and is much more reasonably priced.

Esteemed Contributor

I use quite a few of the Dr.Denese skin care products and love them. They really have made my skin so much better. I have a lot of skin "issues" from allergies (to everything), redness, blotchiness, etc. and this line has improved the look of my face. I use the wrinkle trio, hydro shield and eye creams daily. I alternate between the day cream and dream cream depending on if I'm going to be in the sun. The day cream is a bit thick but a little goes a long way. I sometimes mix in a little bit of the dream cream or hydroshield if my skin is extra dry.

I searched for years to find some kind of skin care that would give me results with some "issue" and Dr. Denese products deliver those results for me. Hope it does the same for you.

Honored Contributor
On 6/13/2014 BeautyAddiction said:
On 6/13/2014 LindseyTaylor said:

Could you tell me what in her line you use and maybe what each works for, for you. Thanks.

I have used her line for years and with excellent results. I quit using her day cream a couple of years ago. Seemed to be too dark on me.

Respected Contributor

I have used Dr. Denese Daycream for many years. However, I have very dry skin and find that I still need more moisture. So I use Skinn 24 Hour Cream then put her Daycream over top. That way I am covered with an SPF. It is tinted but it blends into my medium skintone perfectly.

Super Contributor

I love her stuff. The Day Cream does not provide coverage and is not designed to do so, I don't believe---just a tinted moisturizer and not like a BB. That being said, I like other moisturizers with SPF better...mostly because they are cheaper. I LOVE her Dream Cream, her Clinical Reserve cream, her 76 percent peptide serum, etc.

Super Contributor

I like Dr.D's line. As for her tinted day cream, I don't use it as a stand alone product. I use it under my foundation because of it's SPF. My fav's are her firming serums. Overall, great line and I appreciate the fact that she shows up to present her line.