Regular Contributor

Anyone been in rear ended in an accident?

If so,how long did the headaches last.....Tia Lexi

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone been in rear ended in an accident?

If you're experiencing any kind of pain beyond muscle soreness, you'd better get yourself to the doctor or ER and get thoroughly checked out.

Valued Contributor

I had neck and back aches. I was seen by a doctor and was scheduled for regular heat treatments.

Honored Contributor

Yes. They gave me pain killers at the ER after I was checked out because the pain was really bad. Advil was no match for that. It's best to go to get checked out at a doctor or ER.

My pain was from whiplash, no concussion. Your neck muscles go all the way to the top of your head to past your shoulders.

My accident was in 1994 and I still get back spasms in my trapezious muscle. In fact, I'm in pain today and the spasms are exceptionally bad and my usual naproxen isn't helping me for some reason.

There is also the months of driving while looking in your rear view mirror. The psychological part lasts longer than the pain.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I agree with JeanLouiseFinch.

My accident wasn't as bad so a few visits to the chiropractor did the job.

Trusted Contributor

I've had 3 of these! Fortunately I was not injured in any of them. Certainly you should see a doctor if your symptoms persist. Good luck!

Respected Contributor

I had whiplash and some limited rotation of the neck and was given Soma, muscle relaxer. Turns out that I had broken two vertebrae but didn't know for two years until I went to my first chiropractor appointment and he did the xrays and said, "When did you break your neck?" I was 19, very healthy, and stopped taking the Soma because it really didn't help with the soreness. Hot showers did, so I just did that. Funny what you learn about after the fact.

Valued Contributor

Super Contributor

Yes, I was rear ended badly once. The guy behind me hit my car so hard it went forward and up in the back. I went to the ER after the police were finished with us. I had whiplash but no concussion. They gave me a neck brace to wear and pain killers. The day after the crash was the worst. My whole head and neck hurt. I had to wear the brace a few weeks.

Make sure you see a doctor ASAP if you haven't already. Each accident and the injuries are different.

Honored Contributor

It was about 7 or 8 years ago. I was going to the dr. on a Sat. and at a stop light and this pick up truck behind me kept coming and mashed my rear in. One month later I was at lunch and at a stop light returning to work at got hit again. Both times it did not take long at all. Car went into the body shop and I got a rental. Body shop was 2 or 3 days. I got rid of that car as it seemed like it was a target.

kindness is strength