Super Contributor

NYC ladies & fans, please advise

I will be in NYC next week and have a few hours in the afternoon free. I will be near Rockefeller Center and would appreciate your advice as to where to go and what to do. Thanks in advance!
Honored Contributor

Re: NYC ladies & fans, please advise

If you are there Wed - you are close to Times Square TKTS - discount tickets for same day performance to a broadway matinee. MOMA isn't far either
Honored Contributor

What do you want to do? Shop, sight see, eat?
Trusted Contributor

You can go to the top of Rockefeller Center (Top of the Rock), see a Broadway matinee if you are there on a Wednesday, Saturday or Sunday, walk down to 34th street and go to Macy's, walk over to St. Patrick's Cathedral, go to the Empire State Building, take a cab up to the Metropolitan Art Museum, walk over to the NYC Public Library or a whole host of other things. Here's a website with some ideas:

http://www.nycgo.com/slideshows/must-see-midtown-attractions/2

Honored Contributor

If you like shopping, you'll be very close to Saks, Tiffany's and the new Uniqlo...all on 5th Avenue.

Have you been to the Top of the Rock? It's worth every penny on a clear day!...and you'll be right there.

If you like walking....Central Park is just a few blocks north. It's one of my favorite places...so well maintained and iconic.

Contributor

Walk up Fifth Ave to Central Park and on the way, stop in- SAKS, St. Patrick's Cathedral, Barneys and the basement of Bergdorff's (make-up, skincare heaven). Cross the street and you're at the Pulitzer fountain and the front of the Plaza. If you're hungry, go downstairs to their amazing food court (or eat at Todd English Food Hall). For an upscale experience, make reservations for high tea in the Palm Court.

Then, step across the park to "THE PARK." Zoo and Metropolitan Museum of art are right ahead, but you need more hours for that! Rooftop bar/garden at the Met is fun.

Super Contributor

Thank you for your responses,your suggestions and the link are much appreciated. Although I would love to shop, my free time is so limited I think I would prefer to see the city, or that part of it. I am tempted to take my Trish planner and get some expert advice...
Honored Contributor

You could walk West and a littel South to Times Square, lots to do there including a pretty large Sephora

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

On 5/24/2014 Usedtobeoxox said:

You could walk West and a littel South to Times Square, lots to do there including a pretty large Sephora

There's a nice Sephora on 5th in an old bank building...closer to St. Patrick's and Rockefeller Center.

Honored Contributor

On 5/24/2014 cantdrive55 said: Thank you for your responses,your suggestions and the link are much appreciated. Although I would love to shop, my free time is so limited I think I would prefer to see the city, or that part of it. I am tempted to take my Trish planner and get some expert advice...

The make sure you go to the Top of the Rock...you can see FOREVER up there...it's fantastic - the pictures will be beautiful.

Then I would walk up to Central Park - just about 5 blocks north. That section of the park (near the Plaza) has many famous sites you'll recognize from movies - the lake with the swans, the stone bridge, the Poet's Corner and to the west (left) Strawberry Fields.