Better Than Black Friday
35 Members and 14376 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Paula's Choice - Resist Products

Started 1270599076.667 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1295455401.98 by evergreen

I was going to try a couple PS products from her Resist Line

Her super antioxidant serum and her Lightening gel for age spots.

Might try her mattifying day lotion as well to see if it will help with my daily shine

Anyone else use these? or any of PS products? how do you like them?

Page 1 of 2
all1270601513.4273157 PostsRegistered 2/2/2008IOWA

Actually, the "Resist" products are the same formulation as the standard products in her line...just repackaged. Her Resist Moisturizer is new and it is very nice. I have been using it since it came out. I am oily and it leaves no heavy feeling on my face. I am in my 30's with no wrinkles yet so I cannot say that it does much for that, but it adds a nice smooth texture to my skin which helps because I also use Retin-a.

I am a huge fan of PC and use her Clear line.

ALL

noposting1270601630.53577 PostsRegistered 11/18/2005

The RESIST moisturizer is awesome.  I suggest you give it a try.  

Sandgirl1270601746.0077338 PostsRegistered 8/8/2007
On 4/6/2010 noposting said:

Are you referring to the Resist Barrier Repair Moisture that you use at night?
She recommended that one for me too!

The other for day she recommended was the Mattifying Day lotion.

peace65761270601827.0671229 PostsRegistered 10/17/2009

I use her Skin Balancing System for Combination Skin. I really like her products alot. Lots of antioxidants and cell-communicating ingredients, no fragrance and very lightweight. I would definitely give the products a try...she has a 60-day money-back guarantee if you don't like them.

The Super Antioxidant Mattifying Serum has retinol in it and is very nice for a much better price than most serums. 

all1270602339.43157 PostsRegistered 2/2/2008IOWA
On 4/6/2010 Sandgirl said:
On 4/6/2010 noposting said:

Are you referring to the Resist Barrier Repair Moisture that you use at night?
She recommended that one for me too!

The other for day she recommended was the Mattifying Day lotion.

The mattifying day cream was not very 'matte' for my skin. Never really fell in love with that one.

ALL

Irshgrl312­011270602835.16714834 PostsRegistered 3/14/2006

I use all of PC products and I love them. I have been an esthetician for 8 years and I can use any products I want to and I choose to use hers because they are GREAT. She has great, science based formulations, great packaging and great prices. I don't use her cleanser because I really love my current one (Alpha Hydrox Nourishing Cleanser $7.99 at Ulta) but I use her AHA 8% gel, (I don't use her BHA because I use Stridex pads which are 2% salicylic acid also but they are in the pad form and only $3.99) I use her serum, Resist, moisturizers and sunscreens. I love them all. I recommend them to all my clients and everyone I have recommended them too loves them also. I have got all my ladies off expensive brands that make false promises. My number one pet peeve is skin care companies selling eye creams when you don't need one which is what Paula says also, she doesn't sell any, just use her moisturizer. All her products are great. I also use prescription Retin A, jojoba oil, argon oil and olive oil on my skin. Jojoba oil is actually great for all skin types. I recommended it to one of my clients who had terribly oily skin with huge pores, whiteheads and blackheads. Her skin is AMAZINGLY clear now, it looks so good it even surprised me at what a good job it did. I really hope you try her line, I don't think you will be disappointed but if you are she has a great return policy. Everyone is different with their skin but like I said, everyone I have recommended it to (and that is a lot of people) has changed over to her line. Good luck to you. She is also the only vendor I know with their own skin care line who recommends other skin care line that she thinks are good.

Sandgirl1270603440.1237338 PostsRegistered 8/8/2007

Irshgrl

THANK YOU!!! Based from your review now I just HAVE TO order!! LOL

Can I ask you what Retin A you use and recommend and How would I incorporate this into the PC products? Same with the Jojoba, do I use that as my moisture or mixed or?

Irshgrl312­011270604164.38714834 PostsRegistered 3/14/2006

Sandgirl, Your so welcome. I love talking about skincare, I always have. I guess I am in the right business. I use .025 Retin A. You can use the jojoba both ways. I would start off with it in your moisturizer to see how you like it. It can be used to remove make up too. Sometimes I use it like a serum though. I put about the size of a dime in my hand and take my ring finger and pat it around my eyes and then all over my face and neck. Same thing with the olive oil ( I usually do that in the winter). They are both great for hand and cuticle cream too. I hope you like everything. Just remember one thing. Be realistic in the results you expect from any skin care line. They bombard us with all the great things a jar of cream with do for our skin and it just isn't realistic or possible. I have found that a good exfoliator (AHA, BHA's) a good moisturizer, SUNSCREEN at least a 30spf, and my Retin A (I started that about 2 years ago) and that is all I need. Good luck, I hope you like everything.

Sandgirl1270604389.327338 PostsRegistered 8/8/2007

Irshgrl - You have really put things in perspective for me and when you say it, I can understand it....basically LESS is more and keep it simple and there is no miracle in a jar!! They just take our money and promise us a PERFECT complexion.

I think I am going to start off with a few small sizes of her cleansers and toners and BHA products and get full size of the Resist Cream and the Mattifying Day lotion.

I think I'm going to try one of her lipsticks too, they get amazing reviews.

beach-mom1270605184.8439798 PostsRegistered 8/1/2007Mid-Atlantic

irshgrl312 - I use Paula's products too. Can I ask what you think about primers? IIRC, Paula says they're not necessary. I do like the feel though. It's nice to have your expertise here!  Smile

Brabls1270605635.77314740 PostsRegistered 4/27/2007

I like her skin care products. I use the mattifying day cream in the summer-hot nhere in TX.  I eliminate layers in the summer.

I will change to that next time I need to order.  I tried smples of her Resist products.  The main diff. in the moisturizer from her origins is Retin is retinol. Right now, I am using a Neutrogena retinol.

jujube1270605934.8172699 PostsRegistered 12/21/2004facebook.com/judy.kardos

i use the pc anti oxidant regular serum, does anyone know how the resist serum is different from the regular formulation? i cannot live without my serum, this is one of the best if not the best i have ever used for my dry sensitive skin.

Love me, love my cats:)

all1270607857.123157 PostsRegistered 2/2/2008IOWA
On 4/6/2010 jujube said:

i use the pc anti oxidant regular serum, does anyone know how the resist serum is different from the regular formulation? i cannot live without my serum, this is one of the best if not the best i have ever used for my dry sensitive skin.

As far as I know, it is the same formulation. I think the very last line in the description says something about "the same great formula as the original..."

ALL

Brabls1270610274.414740 PostsRegistered 4/27/2007
I have been using Paula's Choice 1% BHA gel for about 10 days.

It has really minimized my pores & cleaned out old congestion that I thought was just rough skin from years of skin abuse when I was younger.

Now I understand skin purging- I am almost done with the purge.

55 yo dry, sensitive skin

Irshgrl312­011270674301.314834 PostsRegistered 3/14/2006
On 4/6/2010 beach-mom said:

irshgrl312 - I use Paula's products too. Can I ask what you think about primers? IIRC, Paula says they're not necessary. I do like the feel though. It's nice to have your expertise here!  Smile

Beach-mom, Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, I just got back on and noticed your question. Firstly, Paula does say if your using a product that you are happy with, you should keep using it. You know your skin best. You should never be using a product that you feel isn't doing your skin any good no matter who tells you to use it. If you like using a primer, then you should use it. I used to use a primer because I use mineral makeup (Laura Mercier) and I felt it just my makeup looked better. I use PC antioxidant serum now though and it kinda has the same consistency of the primer I was using so I don't use it as much as I once did. I do use it more often in the winter though when my skin is extra dry but I don't use it at all in the summer because I live in NC and it gets so hot and humid here. I have been wanting to try Mallys primer because it had pretty good reviews last time I checked and I just wanted to try it. I wish it was sold at Sephora so I could just go get a sample. I do that a lot at Sephora. I will ask them to make me a sample of whatever skincare that I want to use, and if they don't have prepackaged samples, they have little containers and will make you a little sample. I love that Paula sells samples of ALL of her products too.

Sandgirl1270684638.487338 PostsRegistered 8/8/2007

Well I placed my order today, I live in the same state as Paula's Choice Warehouse so I assume I'll have it by Friday - I will be SURE to report back once I have used them a few weeks  :)

babcias51270685410.3371376 PostsRegistered 1/12/2009Az.

Now don't laugh...Ponds has a cream called Clarant B3 an anti-dark spots moisturizer..It comes in normal to dry skin & normal to oily skin formulas..You put it on your hands & it literally disappears with a minute...Totally non greasy...I got mine at Wal-Mart & it was made in Mexico (which I didn't notice till I got home)...

babcias5

ReikiLady1295447863.457805 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004MA.

That time of year when I need new products. Just placed my order for some of her Resist line. I love Paula. Just had forgotten it's been awhile. I used the love chat and came up with Resist Cleanser and Toner and 1% BHA. We shall see if it works.

cassiem1295448431.8076849 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I like the idea of Paula's products, but they break me out terribly because she uses silicone bases for all of her products for oily/combination skin.

lyn in MI1295448927.09724630 PostsRegistered 4/29/2007SW Michigan
On 1/19/2011 cassiem said:

I like the idea of Paula's products, but they break me out terribly because she uses silicone bases for all of her products for oily/combination skin.

This is the same reason I avoid her line, with the exception of her BHA.

@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
♥ Birman =^..^= Servant ♥

ReikiLady1295449067.037805 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004MA.
On 1/19/2011 lyn in MI said:
On 1/19/2011 cassiem said:

This is the same reason I avoid her line, with the exception of her BHA.

hmmmm maybe that's why I stopped? I don't remember. I will let you all know.

Why use silicones? Slip is not always a good thing.

Last edited on 1/19/2011

Last edited on 1/19/2011

cassiem1295449302.4776849 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 1/19/2011 ryersmom said:

hmmmm maybe that's why I stopped? I don't remember. I will let you all know.

Why use silicones? Slip is not always a good thing.

Last edited on 1/19/2011

For some people with oily skin, silicones actually mattify and help control oil production. I, unfortunately am not one of them, because silcones have the opposite effect on me - makes my skin more oily and clogs my pores.

CreditCard­Overload1295450935.613526 PostsRegistered 8/17/2007

I'm one of the lucky ones. c/o skin. the silicones don't bother me at all. after dumping all of my other skincare in the garbage, I then started using PC months ago. no more bumps under the skin and my skin is smooth, even toned and love the moisturizer for c/o skin.

--------------------------------
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com

just bee1295451192.70714462 PostsRegistered 1/3/2010Albuquerque, New Mexico
On 4/7/2010 babcias5 said:

Now don't laugh...Ponds has a cream called Clarant B3 an anti-dark spots moisturizer..It comes in normal to dry skin & normal to oily skin formulas..You put it on your hands & it literally disappears with a minute...Totally non greasy...I got mine at Wal-Mart & it was made in Mexico (which I didn't notice till I got home)...

I had the five trial-size jars that I picked up from Target before Christmas, then noticed that drugstore.com had the big jars on sale a couple weeks ago. I stocked up. {#emotions_dlg.blushing}

I've been using this daily since the holidays and I still can't believe how much I like it. {#emotions_dlg.tt1}

My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.

KweenB1295451874.9472169 PostsRegistered 11/27/2010
On 4/6/2010 irshgrl312 said:

I use all of PC products and I love them. I have been an esthetician for 8 years and I can use any products I want to and I choose to use hers because they are GREAT. She has great, science based formulations, great packaging and great prices. I don't use her cleanser because I really love my current one (Alpha Hydrox Nourishing Cleanser $7.99 at Ulta) but I use her AHA 8% gel, (I don't use her BHA because I use Stridex pads which are 2% salicylic acid also but they are in the pad form and only $3.99) I use her serum, Resist, moisturizers and sunscreens. I love them all. I recommend them to all my clients and everyone I have recommended them too loves them also. I have got all my ladies off expensive brands that make false promises. My number one pet peeve is skin care companies selling eye creams when you don't need one which is what Paula says also, she doesn't sell any, just use her moisturizer. All her products are great. I also use prescription Retin A, jojoba oil, argon oil and olive oil on my skin. Jojoba oil is actually great for all skin types. I recommended it to one of my clients who had terribly oily skin with huge pores, whiteheads and blackheads. Her skin is AMAZINGLY clear now, it looks so good it even surprised me at what a good job it did. I really hope you try her line, I don't think you will be disappointed but if you are she has a great return policy. Everyone is different with their skin but like I said, everyone I have recommended it to (and that is a lot of people) has changed over to her line. Good luck to you. She is also the only vendor I know with their own skin care line who recommends other skin care line that she thinks are good.

I have trouble with my eyes being drier than the rest of my face. That's why I use a different moisturizer for my eyes. I find the eye products (usually) are more moisturizing than those for the face.

Page 1 of 2