Super Contributor

Photo Doll 10 Foundation Drops on oily skin

I have oily skin. This is one hour after application, I think it's a bit glowy after only an hour, not horrible. By hour 4, I looked completely oily although the foundation did not break up. It's muggy and in the mid 70s.

No moisturizer or serum, used Hourglass Veil Primer, 1.5 drops Doll 10 foundation per side of face, NO setting or finishing powder, used Marc Jacobs Face II brush to apply.

It was overcast but bright outside. I could blot and powder and it would be fine by hour 4 but not good at hour 6 -7 even with powder and blotting.

View Full Size Image

Beauty blogger and YTer who loves it all! Cheers, Lulu Bea aka Lulu On Beauty - Let's be FACEBOOK beauty friends!
Regular Contributor

Re: Photo Doll 10 Foundation Drops on oily skin

I sent mine back. I wanted it to work but it just did not look right on me. I have oily skin, but the main thing was the color was too dark for me even though I got Fair.

Super Contributor

I sent mine back too. I have very oily skin and less than an hour after applying my face looked like an oil slick. I had to use blotting papers to help soak up the oil. This foundation must be for ladies with very dry skin. BTW, you look lovely, LuLu!
Contributor

I have been wearing this for the past few days. The fair is a perfect match for me, I think maybe the best I've ever used as far as color match goes. I have very dry skin year round and it's chilly here in MN still (50's here today), so I don't know how it holds up in warm weather but I thought I'd give my two cents as far as the oily factor goes. As I said, my skin is always dry even mid-summer and never oily, however it sure looks and feels oily by mid-afternoon when I have been wearing this. I LOVE the finish when I first apply it in the morning over my serum, moisturizer and primer though I wish there was a bit more coverage because I don't feel that it sufficiently covers the redness in my cheeks. It does look very natural to start and there is absolutely no line of demarcation on me. By nighttime it looks non-existent (very shiny, but no coverage) and I feel like a greasy mess. Also, it rubs off on everything that touches my face...hate that!

Super Contributor

Naryn, thank you for reminding me. It does rub off easily, got it all over my cell phone. Also, it stays the tiniest bit tacky if no setting powder is used.

I always wonder how they test products for feedback. Are consumers too polite to tell the truth when they know who the brand is?

Beauty blogger and YTer who loves it all! Cheers, Lulu Bea aka Lulu On Beauty - Let's be FACEBOOK beauty friends!