Honored Contributor

The ComPact is a commitment to simplify, pare down, streamline. It began as a way to gain some control over our collections of beauty products. Why were we amassing so much, yet not using what we were buying? Why were we always searching for the next new product? Why couldn't we just find what worked for us and stick with it?

The ComPact, however, is not restricted to beauty items. If you have a collection you want to address, do it here. Choose an area you want to work on, and track your progress on the ComPact thread. Members will offer tips and encouragement.

Choose one of our many mantras (“One by one until they’re done!” “We are SPAHHHRRRTAN!!!” “Not until you really have to.” “Buy less, choose well, make it last.” “Resist the propaganda.” "If it's high, I don't buy!" “When in doubt, do without!” “Shoplighters of the World Unite!”) or create a new one and share it. Target items each month to toss, donate, or use, and post your “chopping block” -- or “hit list.” Post temptations, post victories.

They say it takes 30 days for something to become a habit: Let's see if taking the ComPact one month at a time works for you.

Join us.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Everybody dance!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Trusted Contributor

I fell off the Compact bandwagon in April. Fell so hard, the ground shook, caused the wagon to back over me and then drove over me again.

I bought Korres, I bought Perlier, I bought Bare Minerals (auto delivery of the holiday TSV kit), I bought Isomers......

I then found myself falling for the Trish McEvoy TS on HSN....went as far as completing order but finally caught myself that night thinking that I have comparable products already in my stash! Plus I have nice brushes I haven't even used yet - why should I add more? I think to finally get over this "must try her line" feeling, I should go to dept store that has a counter of her stuff to see it in person, maybe the allure would fade?

As for my ORC of cleaning out my bedroom and clothes closet....hanging head in shame. It's not barely touched PLUS I bought some clothes too...yes some were actually needed for work - had to replace pants that I had worn to death but I could have most likely cleaned out the closet and found other pants to wear.

I need to make a list of small goals for this month so I can feel like I accomplish something this month on the Compact and I can hoist myself back on the bandwagon.

Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon ladies, here we go Compacting again.

I haven't really worked on just one room lately, I cleaned out my guestroom closet and stored the extra blanket and sheets that were on the shelf. I only use these items about 3 times a year and just could not stand them stuffed on the shelf. Now they are out of sight and the closet looks so much better. I also cleaned out some clothes that were in there, I have a nice pile to go to the youth home in my area. Sad part is I found I suit I could have worn last month instead of going out and buying a new one for a wedding. Guess you can call that a lesson learned. I decided once I clean out my closets I am going to do an inventory on my dress clothes since I don't wear them often and forget what I have.

I do need to clean out my makeup, I just haven't taken the time to do that. I know I have items that are so old and probably bad.

I also need to make a list of goals for this month, hopefully I can get thru half of them.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Contributor

Ladies I just wanted you to know how motivating your ComPact is. Please don't stop. I have just started and I have to take baby steps because I recently had surgery and can't do much. In a few weeks I really look forward to getting down and dirty with the one room challenge. I do have stuff but it is mostly toys and outgrown children's clothes. That will be taken care of with a few car loads to a local mission.

My personal biggest challenge is the mail and bills. There are some days I'm not home so it piles up and then is a big job. I do have some electronic bills but not everything. I think I need a strong paper shredder that can shred unopened envelopes. I receive many pre-approved credit applications and other junk mail that takes time to open. Does any one have any suggestions on a supper strong paper shredder.

Also, has anyone used the NeatDesk scanner or something like that? I would love to get rid of all the paper that piles up.

Honored Contributor
On 5/1/2014 Love the Au and Ag said:

Ladies I just wanted you to know how motivating your ComPact is. Please don't stop. I have just started and I have to take baby steps because I recently had surgery and can't do much. In a few weeks I really look forward to getting down and dirty with the one room challenge. I do have stuff but it is mostly toys and outgrown children's clothes. That will be taken care of with a few car loads to a local mission.

My personal biggest challenge is the mail and bills. There are some days I'm not home so it piles up and then is a big job. I do have some electronic bills but not everything. I think I need a strong paper shredder that can shred unopened envelopes. I receive many pre-approved credit applications and other junk mail that takes time to open. Does any one have any suggestions on a supper strong paper shredder.

Also, has anyone used the NeatDesk scanner or something like that? I would love to get rid of all the paper that piles up.

Trusted Contributor

Well, I decided to get the BB TSV and it arrived today and I am glad that I did! I actually like all of the products!

Honored Contributor
On 5/1/2014 dperry said:

Well, I decided to get the BB TSV and it arrived today and I am glad that I did! I actually like all of the products!

Cue the harp music! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor
On 5/1/2014 FindingMyJoy said:

I fell off the Compact bandwagon in April. Fell so hard, the ground shook, caused the wagon to back over me and then drove over me again.

I need to make a list of small goals for this month so I can feel like I accomplish something this month on the Compact and I can hoist myself back on the bandwagon.

Four weeks, four goals. You can do this.

Honored Contributor
On 5/1/2014 PAlady said:

I haven't really worked on just one room lately, I cleaned out my guestroom closet and stored the extra blanket and sheets that were on the shelf. I only use these items about 3 times a year and just could not stand them stuffed on the shelf. Now they are out of sight and the closet looks so much better. I also cleaned out some clothes that were in there, I have a nice pile to go to the youth home in my area. Sad part is I found I suit I could have worn last month instead of going out and buying a new one for a wedding. Guess you can call that a lesson learned. I decided once I clean out my closets I am going to do an inventory on my dress clothes since I don't wear them often and forget what I have.

It's shocking what we have squirreled away, isn't it?