Super Contributor

APRIL **HITS AND MISSES** ~ What NEW Beauty Items did you try?!

Please share what NEW beauty items you tried and why they were a hit or miss!

Here are mine...

HITS

The Balm eyeshadows - ordered a couple palettes from the last Hautelook sale (Meet Matte Nude and Rockstar) and wow these are the most buttery shadows ever! I love the fun palette names and packaging too.

Tarte Maracuja Self-Tanner - I had used a free sample of this on my face and loved it but got the jumbo sized TSV coming up and have been using it all over my body. Best self-tanner I have tried, I have tried many. NO smell and the color is perfectly true to my natural tan color. Applies super easily, sinks right in, and the guide color is also a beautifully natural tan color. Love this stuff.

Wen Spring Orange Blossom - the oil, RTM, and the CC... yum! I do not like floral scents but love the citrus notes in this scent! Super refreshing and light for spring, and summer!

BareMinerals "The Hot List" collection - OK everything in this kit is fabulous! The new lipstick Triple Take Color, Gloss & Stain in Berry Mauve is amazing... hydrating, long wearing, and a beautiful berry color, and the rings in the lipstick are fun to look at lol. The luminizer in The Most Wanted is a pretty nude champagne color (not mauve as they describe), very wearable. The eyeshadows are great colors too. Oh and that 5-in-1 BB cream eyeshadow is proving to be the perfect eyeshadow base, it's giving my favorite from Mally a run for it's money! Love that it has SPF. Haven't tried the bronzing all over face color yet because I have other bronzers open that I like.

MISSES

None for me!

I have a few other new products I'm still trying out but too early to say if they are a hit or miss yet.

Please share yours!

Honored Contributor

Re: APRIL **HITS AND MISSES** ~ What NEW Beauty Items did you try?!

Hits:
E.L.F. Liquid Lipstick/Gloss - a different kind of delivery tube, but the colors are nice alone, for something sheer w/just a tint of color, or to give shine over a matte lipstick....and they are only a buck!

Revelations Erica Lip Gloss - Kinda pricey for a lip gloss, but I like how it feels and the color is very nice.

Tarte Lights Camera Lashes Mascara - pleased that I actually got results similar to the models, meaning marked length and fullness. I don't keep reapplying to get spidery.

IT Cosmetics No. 50 Serum Primer - like this a lot. It's MUCH better than the Feel the Moment one. I'm really glad I purchased more than one on the Ulta sale.

Misses:
Borghese Lip Gloss (4pk. sold & Costco) - very sticky/tacky

Super Contributor

Hit: BE Serum Foundation

Miss: Korres White Grape shower gel/body butter (hated the scent)

Respected Contributor

Hits:

DHC cleansing oil - I really like this one. Feels so good as I am massaging it in.

LaRoche -Posey sunscreen moisturizer - been using the last couple of weeks. It seems fine. Not sure if a repurchase though.

Alterna kendi oil hair mist - I like it. Best when I spritz and air dry. Detangles well. Not sure if a repurchase though. Seems other products work well for less and are multi-tasking.

Neutral:

Korres grape tsv - nice quality products, unsure if scent. Don't love it, but it is growing on me.

Trader Joes coconut body butter. This is okay. Not a repurchase.

Contributor

HITS:
NARS sheer glow foundation
Real Techniques blending sponge (no more need for the actual beauty blender)
NYX butter glosses (amazing!)
Buxom lipgloss in Dolly

MISS:
Some dry shampoo it was in a orange can from the drugstore. epic fail the smell the way my hair felt everything

Contributor

Hits: bite beauty lush lip tint in the shade Lychee. Bite beauty agave lip mask and Urban Decay naked lip gloss in the shade naked Miss: Josie maran daily moisturizer with SPF. This was very thick and white. Left my skin greasy and changed the shade of my makeup. No good for the ""new and improved""
Respected Contributor

Hits: Hourglass Pallette-like this to set foundation

Lancôme Cils Booster-makes lashes long and separated

Elizabeth Arden Green Tea parfum-love it, esp. for warm weather

Hourglass Ambient palette-I really like this and it doesn't take much to apply. Good for warmer weather, I think, too.

Misses: Bobbi Brown Ink Liner in Blackest Black-smears-raccoon eyes

Honored Contributor

I like this thread; it is so informative!

HITS:

* Extra Coarse Blue Micro Mineral Replacement Rollers for Micro Pedi (4 pack) by The Pedi Store - these are less expensive generic rollers purchased through Amazon. I'm glad I took a chance on them. I paid $16.45 but they are now listed for $14.95.

* Korres White Grape Bath and Body Collection - This is nice but not an OMGosh this is amazing! product. The scent is very faint & a bit stronger would have made it better for me. It is a nice relaxing scent to use in the evening. I purchased for the new anti-aging formula & have no idea if it is doing anything. The products feel like every other Korres shower gel & body butter to me - but that is very good!

MISSES:

* Korres Greek Yoghurt Hydrating Trio - The sleeping facial did absolutely nothing good for me; I actually thought my skin looked bad in the morning after using & immediately used my SKINN facial because of it. The kit included very small (had to be samples) tubes of cleanser & moisturizer that were OK but nothing special.

Super Contributor

Hits:

Alpha Hydrox line of skincare. It is awesome for the price. I bought pretty much the whole line and I love it! My skin looks smooth and clear--better than it ever has!

Neutrogena Mattifying Primer. My BE primer just isn't holding up now that the hot and humid weather is here, so I bought this primer. It works really well and keeps my face shine free all day.

Batiste dry shampoo--this stuff is great. My scalp is and has always been pretty oily and this product keeps me from having to wash my hair everyday.

Miss:

Garnier Clean + Nourishing Cleansing Oil- thought this would be great to remove makeup at the end of the day, but it isn't. makes my skin feel soft, but definitely not clean.

Honored Contributor

Hit: The Body Shop Early Harvest Raspberry Body Butter. I add a drop of argan oil to make it more moisturizing, but the scent is heavenly.

Miss: 29 Wine Blot Lip Balm. I've been using this and it doesn't make my lips feel more hydrated while it's on, though they do feel slick. After it wears off or I wipe it off, my lips feel drier than they were before I applied it. I'm glad I got it for $10 at Target and not the $24 it's sold for on the 29 site.