Contributor
I have been hospitalized for two months and am just getting back on my feet. I get these bumps on the side of my face and some pimples (yellow) around the jaw area. I would appreciate any suggestions on a routine that will cut down some of this. Thanks!
Valued Contributor

Exfoliating is a must. Try SKINN's Dermapeel scrub several times a week (online at ShopHQ). I use this when I shower and it really keeps my pores clean and my skin uncongested. It's a microdermabrasion scrub that is like a treatment you would get at a facial spa and I think it is one of the best.

Honored Contributor

Besides exfoliating, the inexpensive 2% benzoyl peroxide has curbed my cystic acne problem. Wayne Goss on youtube (Makeup guru) has a regimen for curing acne, and it works. You might want to take a look at it... this is how/where I learned about using the BP.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Contributor
Thank you both of you for your help. I need something-going to check out both! ??
Respected Contributor

Paula's Choice 9% BHA, 4%BHA and 2% BHA. That will take care of it. Tone with a witch hazel toner, like Dickinson's or Thayer's. Only light moisturizers, if any.

Respected Contributor

I am glad you are getting up and around. Looking better is part of feeling better. Paula's Choice (website name) has many good products and very knowledgable customer service staff, so you can call and ask for advice. The products are not tested on animals and are reasonably priced. They are also very good about samples of products for a minimal cost.

Honored Contributor

If I were you, I would use a light hand with products. I know it's tempting to want to zap those things and get rid of them, but your skin might be in a sensitive state right now. Treat it with kid gloves and gradually work up to more.

You might think about avoiding any irritants like alcohol or fragrant oils and use products to calm and heal your skin. I agree that Paula's Choice might be a good fit for you.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Don't pop those babies! You could get an infection and in your state it might not be the best thing. Change your pillowcase frequently since they can harbor germs. If you can wait, order some Paula's Choice products. There are promo codes out there, so just google them. If you can't, try any of these you can afford or locate in your area http://www.paulaschoice.com/beautypedia-skin-care-reviews/best-skin-care-products/Skin-Care/Anti-Acn...

Paula does reviews of items and these are her best products for anti-acne.

Super Contributor

Yellow Pimples? Whiteheads?

Could you possibly be referring to milia?

"Milium cysts are small, white bumps (or milia when they occur in groups) that typically appear on the nose and cheeks. The cysts occur when keratin become trapped beneath surface of the skin. Keratin is a strong protein that is typically found in skin, hair, and nail cells. "

Super Contributor

Aga, I also wanted to congratulate you on recovering your health and leaving the hospital. Please continue to take good care of yourself. The posters above have given you excellent advice.

I too use Paula's Choice exfoliators, serum and moisturizer. Paula has well-formulated products , without filler ingredients and at a reasonable price. I'm sure others have told you her customer service is superb.

Be well! Smiley Happy