Contributor

Organic Mineral Sunscreen Rave

I've tried about a dozen mineral sunscreens and they all left a white cast, felt heavy and smelled bad. For those of you that do not want to use chemical sunscreens, I found the perfect sun protection.

Teva Organic SunProtect 30 SPF (tevaskincare.com). It's unlike any sunscreen that I have tried. It smells great, goes on beautifully and no white cast! It feels more like a good moisturizer than a sunscreen. It is pricey (around $33.00 for four ounces). However if you call the company they will give you a code to get 20 percent off your purchase price.

I have not tried it at the beach yet, but the company claims that it is water resistant for two hours. They also do not test on animals.

Contributor

Re: Organic Mineral Sunscreen Rave

Sorry for the bold print. I have no idea why it did that.

Super Contributor

This looks nice! On the site it doesn't indicate what percentage of zinc is in the product -- does it happen to specify that on the packaging? Thanks!

Honored Contributor

thanks ! $33 for 4 ounces is NOT pricy though!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Contributor

No, it doesn't say the percentage of zinc on the bottle. They sell it on Amazon and it has great reviews. The price is better if you call the company direct and get the 20 percent off. It is also non-nano particles and full spectrum sun protection. It's safe for babies too. You won't believe it is sunscreen when you put it on.

Honored Contributor

Trusted Contributor

Unless it has at least 12% zinc oxide, it doesn't provide good UVA protection. Anything less isn't far off from worthless, and titanium dioxide doesn't protect nearly as well as ZO. It seems to be put into formulas to tone down the whiteness of the ZO while still giving the company the ability to say it's a "mineral" sunscreen.

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Honored Contributor

(100% certified Organic/Wildcrafted) Aloe Vera, Shea Butter, Lecithin, Zinc Oxide.Oils of Coconut, Hemp seed, Jojoba, Borage, Almond, Grapeseed & Sesame. Herbal infusions of Calendula flowers, Bilberry, Vitamin C bioflavonoids, Slippery Elm, Fennel seed, Chickweed, Neem leaf, Skullcap, Ginkgo leaf, Hawthorn berry, Green tea, Marshmallow root, St. John's Wort & Alfalfa, Guar gum, gum Arabic, Citronella & Lemon essential oil. Full spectrum earth iron oxide minerals.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Contributor

winamac1: I agree it's not pricey for a face sunscreen, but I am using it for my body sunscreen too. I'm going to order several bottles for vacation. I have no idea how many bottles I will need, but after trying the product, I think it's worth it! The tevasckincare.com takes you right to the company's website, without a third party if anyone is interested. I called them to see if they could match the Amazon price and was told they offer a 20 percent off discount and they really prefer to sell direct. However you purchase it, I am sure you will be happy with the product.

I'm going to try vanilla silk body butter next.

Contributor

I emailed the company regarding the percentage of zinc oxide and got a very quick response. The answer is, "The SunProtect is approximately 20% micronized (non-nano particulated) natural Zinc Oxide by weight."