Super Contributor

Why do they give them that shiney fake wig look? I wish they would make it look like real hair and not Barbie hair.

Super Contributor

Re: Toni Brattin Wigs on shopHQ

Both Toni and Iman's wigs (at least the wig Iman was selling yesterday) are so shiny/Barbie hair. For the record, a couple of years ago I bought some extensions from Ken Paves Hair Do, and it looked very real. Not shiny at all.

Respected Contributor

The light brown isnt shiney at all or I wouldnt wear it, like I said on the other thread I have the 'classic bob'. I do notice the blonde shades always look very shiney on air tho, I dont like that look either.

Honored Contributor

When I went to see what the host looked like, I listened to Toni say they looked like real hair.

Um, no, they really don't. I think the styles are cute. But they definitely look like a wig.

Honored Contributor

I have two of her wigs. One I bought when she was on HSN and another I bought about 1 month ago.

I get so many compliments on them you have no idea! No one can tell they are wigs.

In fact I have 'issues' because everyone loves the stupid things, now I think, "Hummmm? What did I look like before I got the stupid wigs?"

Honored Contributor

I forgot to say I just ordered one from HSN Iman's wig. I don't know if I'm keeping that one.

My hair is very thin. Everyone tells me I look so much younger. They think it is the haircut. I used to have great hair, but that train left the station starting 5 years ago!

Respected Contributor

annabelle @ #4

Super Contributor

Didn't she used to be on HSN?

Trusted Contributor

Toni Bratton was on HSN for years. I don't think the quality of the wigs she sold on HSN could compare with what Iman is offering. The quality of Iman's wigs looked pretty top rate to me and I have worn my share of wigs through the years. While some brands do have a very artificial shine to them, I don't think Iman's do at all. Rather, hers look like a very healthy head of hair which some women actually do have all on their own, with their very own hair. Why mimic hair that is dull and lifeless when it is possible to have shiny, healthy looking hair? If I invest in a wig, I'd want it to resemble very healthy hair and even as a blond, my hair has a ton of shine. I work at that though to keep it that way.

Look at the sheer quantity of glossing creams and oils to add shine to normal hair sold today? The demand must be there or every hair company wouldn't make their own version of a shine inducing product.

Honored Contributor

I used to sell Tony Of Bev. wigs along with other brands at a store I worked at. They were our lowest priced wigs and I always felt were not nearly as good as Rene Of Paris, Raquel Welch, Revlon, etc. And yes, the fiber was shiny then, too and that was back in the "90's".