Contributor

Anyone try the Carmindy line?

Hi there. Sorry if this has been talked about before...been awhile since I've been on. Anyway, I see that HSN is now carrying the new Carmindy line of cosmetics and wondering if anyone tried yet. I have always liked the way she applied make-up on What Not To Wear but these are a bit pricey so wondering if they are worth it. Thanks for any input.

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone try the Carmindy line?

I was just looking at some of her products. The 5-minute face kit looks good and I love Carmindy's books, but I'm having a real problem with the foundation shades and the presentations.

I don't think anyone can call a foundation a "game changer" when it only comes in 4 colors. That leaves out so many people. She says it's sheer enough that "anyone" of any skintone can use it, but then proceeded to show models who were all white women. She never mentioned that it adapts to your own coloring, just that it's sheer and buildable. I'm just not seeing how 4 colors are going to work for everyone.

Super Contributor

I tried a few things when it debuted a couple months ago and I was completely underwhelmed by any of it - I can't think of one thing I actaully liked so I sent it all back. I had tried an eye kit and the 5 minute face kit. There were a couple things from her sally hansen line that I had liked and was hoping this would be similar but it wasn't.

Contributor

I agree with you ChynnaBlue...definitely has to be more colors than 4 for it to work on everything. I may wait awhile and see more reviews which are pretty mixed on HSN. Thanks for your input too dal. So far, I am not impressed from what I've seen and heard.

Trusted Contributor

I got the lip crayon trio the last time she was on and I absolutely love them. They are sheer but totally buildable, totally weightless on the lips, and go on so smoothly. They also last longer on the lips than any other lip crayon I've tried, and I am a lip crayon junkie (tarte's Lip Surgence, Laura Geller Love Me Dews, Trish McEvoy, NYX Chunky Dunks, Clinique's Chubby Sticks, Mally's Lip Magnifiers, etc., etc.) I would repurchase these in a heartbeat.

Regular Contributor

Are the products better then when she partnered with Sally Hansen a few years back?

Super Contributor

I purchased the 5 minute face kit but did not like it enough to keep. I had also used a variety of her products when they were in the drugstore/Sally Hansen and no they are not any better at all. Just more expensive.

Honored Contributor

I have her highlighter and like it a lot. It's a compact and inside are two HL-one for day and one for night. (the night one will get very little use, lol). A certain way you turn in the light and you have a glow-enough so that people will wonder what you are wearing. Very understated, very pretty.

I always liked watching her on What Not to Wear, too, is why I bought it. Sally Hansen is a big animal tester (altho they are trying to deny it now) so I was not happy to hear that she partnered with her. I will have to check out if Carmindy is also.