Super Contributor

Anyone have veneers and wish you didn't?????

I have an appointment for porcelain veneers and I am changing my mind. Only for vanity a sake and I am 67.... Am I nuts....I think so
Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone have veneers and wish you didn't?????

DH was 58 when he got them and they look great. I just got crowns across the top four in the front and they also look great. It's definitely an investment, but if they'll improve your self image and you can afford them, then why not?

Occasional Contributor

I hope you like them. Lots of people get them and do. For me, I hate them. Wish I had never done it. My teeth have hurt ever since. I was almost 60 when I did it and maybe that is the problem. Not sure. I went to a good doctor too.

Super Contributor

I really have been wanting them too. Re OP's question- I agree with Jean Louise Finch. Age shouldn't be a factor at all, in my opinion.

I can understand getting a little nervous before taking the plunge, though...I always second guess myself at such moments. But as long as it makes you happy, is affordable to you, and doesn't hurt anyone else, I don't see a negative.

I've always been curious about how much it would cost....anyone care to share what the outlay it is? It's definitely something I want..but I think I will have to wait a few years .

Super Contributor

Don't they grind your teeth down to stubs first? Sounds like a good chance of having a tooth die...
Honored Contributor

I had them done about 30 years ago to close a gap between my front teeth. I am perfectly happy with them.

Honored Contributor

On 4/23/2014 gazelle77 said: Don't they grind your teeth down to stubs first? Sounds like a good chance of having a tooth die...

No - veneers are added over existing teeth - no grinding. You are thinking of bridges.

Honored Contributor

On 4/23/2014 mustbuyless said:

I really have been wanting them too. Re OP's question- I agree with Jean Louise Finch. Age shouldn't be a factor at all, in my opinion.

I can understand getting a little nervous before taking the plunge, though...I always second guess myself at such moments. But as long as it makes you happy, is affordable to you, and doesn't hurt anyone else, I don't see a negative.

I've always been curious about how much it would cost....anyone care to share what the outlay it is? It's definitely something I want..but I think I will have to wait a few years .

A lot! Figure around a grand per tooth, if you get crowns. Less for veneers, but I don't remember what DH's cost. If you have dental insurance, they might be covered. We do so I only had to pay 50% out of pocket.

Occasional Contributor

No regrets - one of the best decisions I ever made. Just make sure your dentist has a good, solid reputation in cosmetic dentistry.
Occasional Contributor

I think you will love them. They are non-invasive and about as thin as a contact lens. I'm a dental hygienist and am always impressed with the before and afters. Go for it and report back. You won't regret it!!