Respected Contributor

I know this has been asked already but still have no clear answer ...

When Derma rolling I use nothing before but have no idea what to use after. Should I just use moisturizer or can I use actives? If yes on actives which can I use? Heard not to use Retin A for 48 hours, is that correct? Can I use Copper or Vitamin C after. So confused.
Trusted Contributor

Re: I know this has been asked already but still have no clear answer ...

Are you rolling with a cosmetic length or medical length roller? The length determines the recommended skin care protocol.
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Respected Contributor

On 4/23/2014 lyn in MI said: Are you rolling with a cosmetic length or medical length roller? The length determines the recommended skin care protocol.
I have the .25 which I intend to use a couple times a week, a .5 that I will use monthly and a 1.5 that I don't know what to do with. Thanks Lyn.
Trusted Contributor

The 0.25 mm is your cosmetic length and it will increase the benefit of your skin care products. There is some great info @ clinicalresoution.com regarding rolling with a cosmetic length roller. It states:
Once you have completed the treatment on the desired area, apply Active Ingredients, Peptides or vitamins A, C, E and beta-carotene as recommended by your skin care professional.
Allow a few minutes for the applications to be absorbed to firm and tone your skin.
The treatment should be repeated between two to seven times a week. The more frequent the treatment, the better the result.

eta: Dr. Setterfield's recommended protocol for aftercare when rolling once a month with a 0.5 mm is very different, and he does not recommend anyone other than a Dr. treat the skin with a 1.5 mm length.
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Respected Contributor

On 4/23/2014 lyn in MI said: The 0.25 mm is your cosmetic length and it will increase the benefit of your skin care products. There is some great info @ clinicalresoution.com regarding rolling with a cosmetic length roller. It states:
Once you have completed the treatment on the desired area, apply Active Ingredients, Peptides or vitamins A, C, E and beta-carotene as recommended by your skin care professional.
Allow a few minutes for the applications to be absorbed to firm and tone your skin.
The treatment should be repeated between two to seven times a week. The more frequent the treatment, the better the result.
Can I use Copper with the .25? What about the .5 what would I use with it monthly? Thanks so much Lyn.
Trusted Contributor

BeautyAddiction - what copper?
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Respected Contributor

On 4/23/2014 lyn in MI said: BeautyAddiction - what copper?
The NCN step 1 copper. I also have the Osmotics Blue Copper but prefer the NCN.
Trusted Contributor

Dr. Setterfield recommends the following topical actives when you roll once a month with a 0.5mm:

Days 1 - 5 = Alpha Lipoic Acid, Vitamins A, C & E, Omega 3, Glutathione and Resveratrol. He also advises no sun exposure if possible, and states we should not apply Copper Peptides the first 5 days.
Days 5 - 28 = same as above PLUS Colostrum & Copper Peptides + Broad Spectrum Sun Protection

He also recommends nutritional supplements. He further states that "generally, six treatments are recommended for anti-aging, scars, etc. Response is highly individual and there is no way to predict who will respond the best."

@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Respected Contributor

On 4/23/2014 lyn in MI said: Dr. Setterfield recommends the following topical actives when you roll once a month with a 0.5mm:

Days 1 - 5 = Alpha Lipoic Acid, Vitamins A, C & E, Omega 3, Glutathione and Resveratrol. He also advises no sun exposure if possible, and states we should not apply Copper Peptides the first 5 days.
Days 5 - 28 = same as above PLUS Colostrum & Copper Peptides + Broad Spectrum Sun Protection

He also recommends nutritional supplements. He further states that "generally, six treatments are recommended for anti-aging, scars, etc. Response is highly individual and there is no way to predict who will respond the best."

Thank you so much Lyn. You are a treasure trove of information.