Valued Contributor

Equate brand skincare - inexpensive knockoffs with great ingredient decks!

I know a lot of the beauties here are on a budget but we still want great skincare. Even if we could afford it no one wants to pay more than they have to. I was on the Walmart site and looking for a Strivectin product when this brand came up. It seems they do knockoffs of name brand skincare. Ordinarily I would just bypass these but the reviews are stellar, and the prices so much better than the original. This quality of ingredients usually cost so much more as peptides are expensive.

They have the Strivectin-TL neck tightening product at $19.99 for 1.7 oz, and their SD eye cream below. They aren't exact but close. The ingredients are really impressive as are the reviews.

Equate Beauty Anti-Wrinkle Eye Concentrate has innovative eye brighteners, soft focus light diffusers and more efficient peptides to work as an effective anti-aging eye care product. It's engineered with innovative Bio-Active PEP-417 Biopeptide, a ground-breaking formula that accelerates the rebuilding of skin layers. Proven both in clinical trials and in your mirror, this unique formulation contains a complex of: natural stem cells--accelerate skin cell regeneration, haloxyl--reduces dark circles under the eyes, eyeliss--prevents and reduces under-eye puffiness, and Pepha-tight--firms the skin around the eyes and prevents wrinkles. After 14 days, eyes are less puffy and look renewed. After 28 days, eyes look less saggy and firmer. After 56 days, eyes look less fatigued and younger.

Equate Beauty Anti-Wrinkle Eye Concentrate:
  • Minimizes appearance of lines, dark circles and puffiness
  • Paraben free
  • Fragrance free
  • Non-comedogenic (won't clog pores)

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isopropyl Isostearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, C 12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Niacinamide, Sodium Lactate, Lactic Acid, Tea-Lectate, Serine, Urea, Sorbitol, Sodium Chloride, Allantoin, Arachidyl Alcohol, Behenyl Alcohol, Arachidyl Glucoside, Glyceryl Stearate, Peg-100 Stearate, Butylene Glycol, Squalane, Steareth-20, Chrysin, N-Hydroxysuccinimide, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Algae Extract, Pullulan, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Ppg-5-Ceteth-20, Dicetyl Phosphate, Ceteth-10 Phosphate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexyglycerin, Malus Domestica Fruit Cell Culture, Xanthan Gum, Lecithin, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Isopropyl Myristate, Tetrapeptide-21, Peg-8, Peg-8/Smdi Copolymer, Palmitoyl Myristyl Serinate, Sodium Polyacrylate, Caffeine, Microcrystalline Wax, Dimethicone, Sodium Acrylate/ Acroyloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Isohexadecane, Polysorbate 80, Hesperidin Methyl Chalcone, Dipeptide-2, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-3, Triethanolamine, Titanium Dioxide Edta, Bisabolol, Benzoic Acid, Resveratrol, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, BHT, Lepidium Sativum Sprout Extract, Hyaluronic Acid.

Costs all of $13.28 for 1 oz.

You know what they say though about things too good to be true! Any one here try their products?

Frequent Contributor

Re: Equate brand skincare - inexpensive knockoffs with great ingredient decks!

Wow!! I want to try that eye cream! Sounds like a great deal! Thanks for posting! I wonder if they have it in stores also, or just online. I'll have to investigate. Thanks Blondelle! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Super Contributor

Sorry. I don't shop at Walmart/Sams. Those low prices cost us lots because their workers aren't paid a living wage and most have to rely on EBT/food stamps.

Super Contributor

On 4/23/2014 maziegirl said:

Wow!! I want to try that eye cream! Sounds like a great deal! Thanks for posting! I wonder if they have it in stores also, or just online. I'll have to investigate. Thanks Blondelle! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

My question also, maziegirl. Thanks for the info Blondelle! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

WalMart has some great clones, even of Clinique. I'll check them out when I pop into do my shopping.

BTW, WM is the only department store within 90 miles, so if I can get a better price there, I go, but if Amazon does, I have them ship it. I only get to a Target a few times a year. We do have a KMart, but it is the same as WM. We do have Dollar General dollar stores but those too are the same. Most place will pay minimum wages in rural areas, so we all do what we can do, even if that means supporting the enemy to support its workers, our community.

Respected Contributor

Where are the items made?
Esteemed Contributor

On 4/23/2014 sciencegeek said:

Sorry. I don't shop at Walmart/Sams. Those low prices cost us lots because their workers aren't paid a living wage and most have to rely on EBT/food stamps.

I don't shop at Walmart either and haven't even been in a Walmart for about 20 yrs but I am just curious do you also not shop at Target because their hourly employees are in the exact same boat along with many other grocery stores, etc...

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

I haven't tried these items, per se, but I have used Equate face wipes that I like just as well as Pond Exfoliating wipes. I have also used an Equate knock off of an Olay Regenerist serum that was pretty nice too.

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/23/2014 BeckiWV said:

I haven't tried these items, per se, but I have used Equate face wipes that I like just as well as Pond Exfoliating wipes. I have also used an Equate knock off of an Olay Regenerist serum that was pretty nice too.

I have noticed that many Equate brand substitutes on Makeupalley.com get better reviews that some of the name brands that they dupe.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Contributor

On 4/23/2014 sciencegeek said:

I am sorry that WM doesn't pay a higher wage......I am. However, People do influence the types of jobs they are able to get. Don't blast me without considering. I have been a teacher for 24 years and most school systems do a good job. If WM is not meeting your financial needs go back to school, move, do something to have better opportunities. For the most part, we are captain's of our own ships.