Valued Contributor

Has anyone used both the JM Cleansing Balm and the Tatcha Camelia Cleanser?

And can you compare them? I use and love the Tatcha, but I'm intrigued by the JM product. I was hoping that perhaps the JM was way cheaper than the Tatcha, but they are similarly priced (the JM is a few dollars less). I'd love to hear your thoughts if you've used both. TIASmiley Happy
Frequent Contributor

Re: Has anyone used both the JM Cleansing Balm and the Tatcha Camelia Cleanser?

Can't help you as far as the oils, although I am loving the Tatcha cleansing oil. But I have tried the JM cleansing powder and it really dried me out, but the Tatcha cleansing powder does not dry me out at all.

Regular Contributor

I have used both and seem to like the Tatcha oil better. Josie's is very good but the Tatcha makes my face feel more silky and clean. Josie's has made my face feel a bit greasy since it's a balm and heavier on the face. It does not dry out the face at all. I don't think it really does much exfoliating as claimed. I was just thinking about re-ordering Josie's cleanser but decided for a few dollars more I would go for the Tatcha. I really love it. Have nothing negative to say about Tatcha.

“Memory is a way of holding on to the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose.”
Honored Contributor

I don't use the JM Balm, but I use a similar one from Boots Organics. It's under $9 at Target and is also similar to the Eve Lom cleansing balm.

I prefer the balm to the oil. I like the Tatcha and other cleansing oils, but I feel like a lot of the oil drips down my fingers before it gets to my face. I have a lot more control with the balm than I do with the oil. Both melt off my makeup, but I feel like the balm does an even better job. Both smell good. Both leave my skin feeling soft and moisturized, with the balm leaving me feel even more moisturized. Neither the oil nor the Boots balm gave me any breakouts or caused any sensitivity. The Josie Maran balm comes with a much better cloth and you might want to get it just for that. The Boots balm comes with a terrible cloth I threw away after one use. I bought two of the Josie Maran muslin and microfiber clothes and I love them.

The balm I use is the Boots Organics Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm. I really can't say enough good things about it.

Super Contributor

I bought the Bare Minerals cleansing oil after buying the too expensive Tatcha. I found it to be equal in quality and will not buy the tatcha again.

Super Contributor

I have and use both, as well as the JM cleansing oil. The one I reach for again and again is the Tatcha. It's lighter, and my face feels clean after using it, especially when I use the rice enzyme powder after. Every time I use the JM balm I have to wash my face again after, because it just doesn't feel clean. It depends on if you like that tacky feeling. I love the Tatcha and have had 1 set that has lasted 6 months so far. The oil will be out soon but one jar of the powder will last forever. I have read about a dupe some poster's buy on Amazon much cheaper, I will be trying that next. HTH
Valued Contributor

Ladies-Thank you ALL for your replies. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} After I use up my current Tatcha cleansing oil, I know I'll be poking around for another brand or type of oil or balm, since I've discovered how much I love cleansing like this! I've used the Clinique Take the Day Off balm, but no other product like a balm. I know that they are two completely different animals, but in my mind they seem to be in the same category. Just a nice alternative, especially for my dry skin.

Hi & Welcome, Krissie. Smiley Happy Thank you. I would love to know about that dupe...{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Valued Contributor

Gazelle-I'll check out the BM one, thanks. Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Chynna-I like Target! I'll be checking out the Boots one next time I'm there.

Regular Contributor

I'm curious to try the Bare Minerals Oil also. It is a much better price.

“Memory is a way of holding on to the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose.”