Frequent Contributor

I am desperate to get rid of my "11" line between my brows. My dermatologist said he wouldn't use botox because I have numerous allergies to a lot of things. What products out there actually work? He said nothing, but there must be something!!!!!

Respected Contributor

I was going to say botox. I don't really think anything else really works. Good Luck on your search and if I hear of anything I will come back. I just had botox and it was a breeze but I don't have allergies to anything but a kitty cat.

Honored Contributor

I have to agree, nothing topical has worked for me , not even these magic potions advertised for deep wrinkles. Never tried Botox, but I am certain it will work!!!

Respected Contributor

Funny you should mention this issue. I don't have many lines on my face but my 11 lines are quite pronounced. Haven't wanted to do botox for a series of reasons. I am now on day four in my use of Frownies -- in short they are facial patches that are supposed to retrain those expression muscles to flatten out. Check out the comments on Makeup Alley. I am very pleasantly surprised how well it has worked so far. But as I said it is only day four.

Super Contributor

Try a derma-roller. Inexpensive and it works! There are a number of threads here in the forums about it.

Super Contributor

Too bad about the Botox -- I've decided that's the only thing that will really get rid of mine (they're DEEP!). Lisa R says she uses Botox on her 11's and loves the results.</>

And I agree with Wadzilla -- Dermaroller is a good option.

Frequent Contributor

What is a dermaroller and where do you get them?

Regular Contributor
On 4/23/2014 islandgrrl said:

Funny you should mention this issue. I don't have many lines on my face but my 11 lines are quite pronounced. Haven't wanted to do botox for a series of reasons. I am now on day four in my use of Frownies -- in short they are facial patches that are supposed to retrain those expression muscles to flatten out. Check out the comments on Makeup Alley. I am very pleasantly surprised how well it has worked so far. But as I said it is only day four.

For the past two months I've been using Band-Aid tape over my 11's at night and that has really helped. About an inch of tape each night and it has made a difference that might be similar. I noticed improvement right away and it kept getting better.

Respected Contributor
On 4/23/2014 bunk said:

What is a dermaroller and where do you get them?

If you search here you will find a lot of very good information. You can also google for info. Check out the research done by Dr. Setterfield. I have his book and have been using a roller for about 3 months with good results.
Super Contributor

I think they have a juvederm filler that they could use. I was watching a video on YT (I think) about a product by juvederm that they use in cheeks to increase volume (I wouldn't do that)...but I bet they could use it in the 11 lines, too.