Honored Contributor

What exactly does this mean to you?

Super Contributor

Re-learning makeup colors, textures, techniques (the things that worked at 30 just don't anymore!), Making sure your clothing, haircut, etc. are the most flattering for your age. This doesn't mean short hair for all, some older women look gorgeous with long hair (sadly, I'm not one of them).

I think makeup is the most important thing, many women tend to stay with what worked for them at their best, and for a lot of us baby boomers, that was the 80's. Great as those looks were, they don't work in your 60's!

Regular Contributor
Actually DO something to help you look your best...and I don't mean medical intervention necessarily. Keep your hair and make- up looking fresh...dress well...carry yourself well...be active as you probably were all your previous life...and do not start your sentences ( or thought process) with words and phrases such as-- "" I can't do that because of my age"" or "" at my age..."" Or "" since I ' ve gotten older..."" Far too many people can't wait to retire...then do and overnight they are "" old"" in actions and thought. Work as long as you can and stay active in thought. Don't spend more time with your doctor than you do with friends...discuss something other than physical ills. You will age gracefully if you just continue to LIVE your life...not just kind of give in and slog along. You didn't act that way when you were younger...don't act that way now!
Honored Contributor

For me it means accepting yourself & loving yourself as you age. No plastic surgery or Botox, just being yourself. I believe you are beautiful at all the different stages in your life. It's good to care about yourself - a little makeup goes a long way & makes you feel good about yourself.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Doing whatever it is so that when you look in the mirror, you smile at what you see.

Honored Contributor

I don't think there is such a thing....not for me anyway. I know some ladies who are my age and they are graceful and lovely. They never raise their voice. They can walk miles and miles, etc.

I'm not one of them. I love people and can talk and talk. I talk to everyone (especially strangers). They tell me the most amazing things (I love it).

So, aging gracefully, it doesn't exist for me. My late Mother was the same way as I am. She also loved people and enjoyed life.

Honored Contributor
On 4/23/2014 annabellethecat said:

I don't think there is such a thing....not for me anyway. I know some ladies who are my age and they are graceful and lovely. They never raise their voice. They can walk miles and miles, etc.

I'm not one of them. I love people and can talk and talk. I talk to everyone (especially strangers). They tell me the most amazing things (I love it).

So, aging gracefully, it doesn't exist for me. My late Mother was the same way as I am. She also loved people and enjoyed life.

This sounds quite graceful to me, annabelle.

Honored Contributor
On 4/23/2014 mandymom said: Actually DO something to help you look your best...and I don't mean medical intervention necessarily. Keep your hair and make- up looking fresh...dress well...carry yourself well...be active as you probably were all your previous life...and do not start your sentences ( or thought process) with words and phrases such as-- "" I can't do that because of my age"" or "" at my age..."" Or "" since I ' ve gotten older..."" Far too many people can't wait to retire...then do and overnight they are "" old"" in actions and thought. Work as long as you can and stay active in thought. Don't spend more time with your doctor than you do with friends...discuss something other than physical ills. You will age gracefully if you just continue to LIVE your life...not just kind of give in and slog along. You didn't act that way when you were younger...don't act that way now!

I love this.

Respected Contributor

For me it means not having botox, surgery, etc. I have laugh lines and I love the fact I have laughed so much in my life. Some lines are there to remind me of the grief that goes along with life. Others are from worrying about those I love. I keep my skin hydrated and use a little makeup. My hair is kept up and looks nice. The money I save on expensive skincare goes towards travel. Instead of an empty jar, I have new memories. I love life and enjoy each day.

Honored Contributor
On 4/23/2014 brandiwine said:

For me it means not having botox, surgery, etc. I have laugh lines and I love the fact I have laughed so much in my life. Some lines are there to remind me of the grief that goes along with life. Others are from worrying about those I love. I keep my skin hydrated and use a little makeup. My hair is kept up and looks nice. The money I save on expensive skincare goes towards travel. Instead of an empty jar, I have new memories. I love life and enjoy each day.

Smile