Super Contributor

Algenist New Catalyst Alguronic and "Advance Orders"...

I have (finally) come to realize that some item just might be on "advance order" just so that sales will be made before reviews can be posted. Slow learner!

This stuff might just be great but it is SO expensive! And I must remember my moratorium on buying skincare until stash is completely gone. Hope someone reviews it here for us!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Algenist New Catalyst Alguronic and ""Advance Orders""...

Never thought that but you may be right!

I am tempted, but so expensive.....

I am spending more the older I get LOL

Super Contributor

`I agree. That price is totally ridiculous..........but, the s/h is free {#emotions_dlg.lol}

I think they might have landed more buyers if they had put together a 1 month trial, at a reasonable price, somewhere under $30-$40.

Esteemed Contributor

Shawn made an off-the-cuff remark last night that other serums' first ingredient was water, and she scoffed at that. Guess what first ingredient is in this? I had a sneaking suspicion...

I'm just not into these high priced skin things, primarily because simple ingredients in a lot of cases have much the same effect. Don't forget, too, that there are no real clinical studies with this. They are consumer use studies, which is a whole other ballgame. While Bs & As look (well, I can't say impressive, but you can see the difference), you have no idea what the parameters of those "studies" were. In some cases, they ask you not to use any skincare at all for 2 weeks prior. Not saying this is the case here, but how does one know?

Where is the first serum that Algenist claimed gave you results in 10 days? Seems like along with their proprietary strain of red algae, they have a proprietary claim of 10 days.

With all that, I'm sure all of the ingredients in this product are worthy! The oat protein will plump up the skin, the red algae will tighten, the lactic & glycolic acid will help in exfoliating giving you smoother skin, and all the expensive peptides will communicate to your cells to wake up!

Esteemed Contributor

I flipped over to QVC once last night when this presentation was on. I saw the price and cracked up. Are you kidding me?!?!?!

Ladies, if any of the high-priced stuff really worked, we'd all look like 30-year-olds. Do we?

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Just my opinion, but when I see advanced orders, I assume they are only going to manufacture enough to fill the orders.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Super Contributor

This is an outrageous price, and I'm an algenist devotee. For a product that you use only one week out of the month, I don't understand the pricing strategy. It must perform miracles! I think I'll wait for the reviews.
Super Contributor

If this stuff really worked the way the rep says, it would be all over the news--sorry, but I don't believe it.

Another thing I couldn't believe--Shawn made some comment along the lines of 'this is very expensive, please tell us why it's worth it'. The rep looked a little taken aback, just repeated the instructions for using it, never addressed the nearly $200 price at all. I don't think the rep was expecting that!

Honored Contributor

The rep seemed to say that this product is their magic bullet of Alguronic acid in mega strength.