Honored Contributor

Do you use a lip brush for applying lipsticks?

If so, what brand? Do you find it really helps in the application, etc.?

Valued Contributor

Re: Do you use a lip brush for applying lipsticks?

If I'm using a pretty opaque lipstick, I like the clean line that a lip brush gives. A more sheer lipstick can be swiped on without. MAC makes a great lip brush; Laura Geller has a push-up one with a cap. You can also use any small eye makeup brush.

Honored Contributor

No. I find them annoying & unnecessary. I don't like lip color that comes in a palette & needs to be applied with a brush.

Super Contributor

I've recently started using one again. Being of an age when my lip line is not as defined as it once was, it gives me a much cleaner edge. If I just use a pencil with a little gloss in the center as I sometimes do, I do not use the brush. But, more often than not, I do if I am applying lipstick. I like to take it almost to the edge, and then outline where needed with a nude pencil (I like NYX Wonder Pencil in Light) to keep it neat and not bleed.

Super Contributor

I usually use a lip brush if I am wearing red. I like for the red to be long wearing and very precise. I have several lip brushes but I usually carry a retractable Chanel lip brush. They also help to get the rest of your product out of your favorite lipstick when it runs low.

Super Contributor

I have been using a lip brush lately because my two favorite Bobbi Brown lipsticks are really low and I want to get every last bit out. You'd be surprised how much is left in the bottom of a tube!

Respected Contributor

I use one as well, for all the reasons listed already, and to get all of the product out of the tube. A brush makes for precise, long-lasting application. During the day or out and about I can refresh with it directly from the tube if I first apply with a brush. Makes a big difference.

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/22/2014 willdob3 said:

No. I find them annoying & unnecessary. I don't like lip color that comes in a palette & needs to be applied with a brush.

I'm just the opposite. Even if all I have are lipstick tubes, I apply w/ a brush. I like the precision of application and the evenness of color.

The best lip brush I have is from Estee. Came on the other end of a lip pencil. Might be the Double Wear, but I'm not sure.

Respected Contributor

No I don't use one. I think I get better coverage by applying straight from the tube.

Honored Contributor

An emphatic no. I don't know why, but I have a deep-seated aversion to them. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland