Occasional Contributor

Help please - I have large pores and need help with foundation and primer!

I have crazy large pores that foundation can "pool" in accentuating their size. Does anyone have any suggestions for foundation and primer? 55-year-old, fair, combination skin with rosacea. Thank you!

Valued Contributor

Re: Help please - I have large pores and need help with foundation and primer!

Bumping the thread. I'm interested as well.

I'm currently using L'Oreal Magic Lumi all over my face with Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation. I like the way it looks when I first apply it (when applied lightly); however, the yellow undertones of the foundation tend to oxidize even more yellow on me. I'll likely shop another store for one of the cooler undertone options available.

The above combo helps to disguise my large pores, but I have to keep my skin in tip-top shape for it to turn out well. If the foundation works for you, it's an awesome bargain compared to others. More bang for the buck. Also, the Magic Lumi container looks minuscule, but I've been working on mine since before Christmas, wearing it every day, and am just now running out. Looks too shiny alone, but under the Amazonian Clay Foundation, makes my skin look fresh and youthful.

Good luck!

Honored Contributor

I posted on something almost identical to this earlier today. I said I use Dr. Denese's firming facial pads and Hydroshield.

I used to have pores the size of Montana. Now they're the size of a lake. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I absolutely love Perfect Teint II by M. Asam. It's clear and I use it on my nose (where the pores are insane) and then on a few light lines prior to applying my finishing powder. I don't wear foundation, so cannot speak to the interaction of the Perfect Teint with foundation, but can't imagine that it would not work with anything. It applies like a serum, but really closes up my pores.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Super Contributor

I've brought my pores under control by using 3 things.

1. Using a Clarisonic with the deep pore brush and cleanser

2. Perricone has 2 products that target large pores: a liquid and a lotion Clinique was what I used previously and it also worked well. But Perricone is worth the price.

3. Using a beta hydroxy acid (BHA) twice a day............from Paula's Choice

No MU will hide or cover the pores. First you need to use the proper skin care routine.

What do you use now for your pores?

eta: My fingers type faster than my brain. hydroxy, not hydroxyl

Super Contributor

Before I start babbling, are you near a Sephora to request samples? What kind of skin do you have, dry, normal, oily? What are you using now? Are you using a finishing powder? Is there a budget we need to work with?

Beauty blogger and YTer who loves it all! Cheers, Lulu Bea aka Lulu On Beauty - Let's be FACEBOOK beauty friends!
New Contributor

I usually use this shea moisture African black soap and scrub to make my skin clear and healthy.It also helps in preventing the skin damages and makes your skin pollution free which helps to close your open pores.

You can see it here:-http://beautifullady.us/collections/skin-care-collection/products/shea-moisture-african-black-soap-f...

Respected Contributor

Clarisonic will help clean out and shrink the pores, but have you used an HD finishing powder? Make up Forever HD finishing powder will blur the pores and look really great. It is at Sephora.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Trusted Contributor

Looking forward to replies.

Super Contributor

Love the It CC cream