Trusted Contributor

Something to keep in mind about fillers

Just saw this today about fillers and eyesight:

http://www.bottomlinepublications.com/content/article/health-a-healing/wrinkle-filler-injections-co...

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Frequent Contributor

Re: Something to keep in mind about fillers

great article. I went to a PS who did one botox on me a year+ ago....while I did like the natural result he gave me, the more I read, the more I was leary of long term usage and have decided never to do again. I go yearly for a derm check (my 12,000 mile mole checkSmiley HappySmiley Happy and she said she would never put EITHER Botox or fillers right in the and 11's because the blood vessels are so close to the brain and "we have no evidence as to long term safety" and possible migration of product........some "beauty" regimens are just not worth the risk imo..........

Esteemed Contributor

If you read the whole article, it says that these were cases where the fillers were used "off-label" on the upper part of the face, and that fillers are actually approved only for the lower part of the face. I don't use fillers myself, but if I did I'd want to know that. None of the cases of eyesight loss were in people using fillers for the usual areas around the mouth, lips, etc.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Super Contributor

Interesting article and good to be aware if we're considering fillers on our forehead.

Botox IS approved for use between the eyes, by the way.

Contributor

Botox and Fillers are 2 TOTALLY different products. This article was only about misplaced and mistakenly applied fillers interfering with vision.

Respected Contributor

On 4/21/2014 morganjen said:

Just saw this today about fillers and eyesight:

http://www.bottomlinepublications.com/content/article/health-a-healing/wrinkle-filler-injections-co...

This publication engages in the practice known as negative opinions. It's not credible information!

Super Contributor

On 4/22/2014 MarenSeattle said:

Interesting article and good to be aware if we're considering fillers on our forehead.

Botox IS approved for use between the eyes, by the way.

Dang, you're good!