Frequent Contributor

Singed my eyelashes! Will they grow back??

Not as bad as it could have been, but while burning brush in the yard, I must have gotten a little too close to the fire and the tips of my lashes got singed. I didn't notice it until I put on my mascara and realized my lashes were so short. Do you think they will grow longer?? Thanks for any replies!

Valued Contributor

Re: Singed my eyelashes! Will they grow back??

Ouch! I hope so

No thought is worth thinking.....
Super Contributor

Yes, your lashes WILL grow back.

Was Yuban, then changed to Plaid Pants due to forum upgrade, and apparently, I'm back to being Yuban.
Contributor

You should talk to your eye doctor. I know there are some eye drops that make your eye lashes grow faster. Restaisis is one. It's prescribed for dry eyes, but you might be able to temporarily use it for your eyelashes. Next time, wear protective eyewear.

Honored Contributor

There are so many online articles about castor oil for lashes and brows but I always forget to use mine! Sounds like oil might help.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Trusted Contributor

Eyelashes, like hair, fall out and are replaced. The singed eyelashes will eventually fall out and others will take their place, not to worry! I know this because I did it myself years ago.
Respected Contributor

On 4/20/2014 lizzief said: Eyelashes, like hair, fall out and are replaced. The singed eyelashes will eventually fall out and others will take their place, not to worry! I know this because I did it myself years ago.

I agree. One of my Sons had this happen. The singed ones will eventually fall out, and new ones will grow in.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Honored Contributor

Yes.......it will probably take a month or so

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

On 4/20/2014 Desertdi said:

Yes.......it will probably take a month or so

In the meantime, try mascara and/or fake eyelashes.

Occasional Contributor

I've been using Rose Hip Seed oil on my eyes and lashes for a couple of months now. I cannot believe how nice my eyelashes have gotten...longer and thicker.