Super Contributor

~ NOTW ~ (Nail of The Week!)

Hello Lovelies, and Happy Saturday!

We have gusty winds today and the sky is heavy with the promise of rain; we've had intermittent sprinkles since midnight, so maybe we'll get a significant amount of "free moisture" today, and hopefully, it will clear in time for those who have Easter egg hunts planned. We usually can't depend on April showers bringing our May flowers, but we're always happy to see rain.

So! This is the mani I referred to last week as being "perfect for Easter". I could keep it going through tomorrow, but I haven't decided yet whether to remove it or keep it. I must say, I've LOVED IT all week!!

I began with Nailtiques Formula 2 as a base coat,

Nfu-Oh #470, 2 coats (a French brand which comes in the cutest bottle ever -- a corset top and a ball gown skirt bottle)

Seche Vite top coat.

Then I stamped with an image from MoYou London Princess 12 and Konad Special Polish "White" on the thumb, middle and pinkie finger nails and Konad M79 on the other fingers and finished with another coat of S.V.

I've named it "Lola's Polka Dots and Roses Mani".

http://oi62.tinypic.com/vipu12.jpg

I hope you all enjoy a Happy Easter!

Lola
Honored Contributor

Re: ~ NOTW ~ (Nail of The Week!)

This reminds me of a dress I wore in the 60s -- one that my mother chose as part of my Mod/Carnaby Street collection. She searched all over Chicago to find a John Lennon cap to match my pea coat. It was Mom who introduced me and my siblings to the British Invasion.

Definitely a 60s vibe here. I like it.

(Hey -- Happy Easter to you. I'm going to take advantage of this ""gloom"" and take the dog out for a hike.)

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Super Contributor

On 4/19/2014 just bee said:

This reminds me of a dress I wore in the 60s -- one that my mother chose as part of my Mod/Carnaby Street collection. She searched all over Chicago to find a John Lennon cap to match my pea coat. It was Mom who introduced me and my siblings to the British Invasion.

Definitely a 60s vibe here. I like it.

(Hey -- Happy Easter to you. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} I'm going to take advantage of this "gloom" and take the dog out for a hike.)

Hi just bee, cool Mom you had! Mine probably was never even aware of the term "British Invasion", although I did attend The Dave Clark Five, Herman's Hermits, etc. concerts.

Enjoy your walk. Our dogs enjoy a strong breeze for sniffing-into.

Lola
Valued Contributor

You have a great imagination... so pretty. Did I mention patience? I enjoy your posts! Thank you for doing this.

No thought is worth thinking.....
Super Contributor

Wow...your nails are awesome! have always admired your jewelry photos, but your nails are just as unique and pretty. I had no idea you had this thread.

moongirl

Super Contributor

On 4/19/2014 bunjetto said:

You have a great imagination... so pretty. Did I mention patience? I enjoy your posts! Thank you for doing this.

Hi bunjetto, and welcome to NOTW! Thank you so much, patience compliments seem unwarranted, but I'm guess I could be termed "patient", in order to achieve what I want. I started doing my own nail art because I couldn't find anyone else to do it for me!

Lola
Super Contributor

On 4/19/2014 moongirl said:

Wow...your nails are awesome! have always admired your jewelry photos, but your nails are just as unique and pretty. I had no idea you had this thread.

moongirl

Hi moongirl! Well thank you, I'll relay your photo compliment to my DH -- he "will work for food" (and compliments) LOL. I've been posting NOTW for over a year now, I think, so welcome in, and glad you found it!

Lola
Super Contributor

Hi Lola,

Love the nails! Makes me think of Spring, Spring, Spring! Pretty shade of polish. Spring is here with the warmer weather finally arriving.

Not much in my nail department. Last week has on a coat of Formula X Celestial in a pretty lavendar. It looked nice on my nails, but I don't like the texture of the polish and I think it dried out my nails. It reminds me of the OPI Suede release a few years back that I didn't like either. I purchased three shades of the celestials and decided to return the two unopened bottles. It was a real PITA to remove and that was the total deciding factor.

Finally got a chance to check out the MoYou hipster collection and it left me underwhelmed. I see they released some mother nature plates, but didn't get a good look at them. I know I have at least one from the mother nature collection.

A while back I purchased Joy Mangano's jewelry case and really liked it. I needed another one, but never got around to ordering. Last week HSN had a TS for a two for one price. I purchased it and put jewelry in one and moved the compartments around in the other one (leopard). Now, I have all my plates and stamping polishes plus sparklies and tools in one case. It matches my leopard collection Joy M organizers that I keep all my nail polishes in. It's huge and I organized by shades and seasons and just roll it out. Joy M keeps me organized and I find her products work well for all my nail stuff.

Your nails made me smile, you did a great job coordinating shade and image.

Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

So pretty!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I'm doing some major spring cleaning hence rocking a very neutral, long lasting ESSIE ladylike!

(not my pic):

Super Contributor

Hello Lola,

Oh, how springy looking your mani is this week! I love it!!

I spoke of you this week....I finally was able to go back to work this week , and a few of the young girls I work with were commenting on my choice of nails shade ( a lovely , creamy light shade of pink for Easter) and one of the girls said "have you ever seen anyone do this??" and pulled a pic up on her phone of a mani similar to the one you're sporting this week. I told her that I had, and that I follow a very talented person on a beauty board that posts a new mani every week, along with musings on her inspirations. (that, of coarse, would be you Smiley Happy ) So thank you once again for sharing your vast talents with us, and I wish you and your family a lovely Easter!

Janie