Occasional Contributor
Has anyone on the BB tried the La Mer Concentrate? I'm aware of its cost and all of the reviews (including Paula's) but I would be interested in anyone's personal experience with the product. My husband and I both have some "spot" and redness issues, as well as just general aging things. I don't personally know anyone who has used it since it isn't sold in my city. I just know how much I love the moisturizing cream which is like nothing else I've used and worth the money to me.
Honored Contributor

I've tried all of them and none delivered. I was disappointed because I've used the cream for 20 years and love it. Off and on I'll try something in the line and I'm never impressed by it... only the original cream wows me.

Save your money and look into many of the Japanese or Korean skin/spot lightening products. Most have a site for US customers or ship to US. I've never had an issue and find toes products FAR superior to anything sold in the US; same with BB or CC Creams. Good luck : )

Valued Contributor

I've used the original cream for more than 20 years and have tried the concentrate, various serums, infusions, etc. I don't find any of the peripheral products to work for my skin. I use a Philosophy peel once per week (alternate between vitamin C and brightening) and they have delivered amazing results (in improving clarity) in tandem with La Mer. Although costly, I purchase a 3.4 oz jar approximately every 9 months and, for me, it's a very worthwhile investment.

Super Contributor

I've samples most of the line!

Sadly I wasn't impressed with the results!

I still have two products in my rotation: the original creme de la mer (used as my daily EYE cream) and The Mist (a big splurge that just feels and smells great!).

I would guide you to explore either Paula's choice ($) OR Obagi ($$) line instead!

HTH

Contributor

I have used La Mer for over 10 years and the first product I used was the Concentrate and I love it. My daily regime is the Moisturizing Lotion, the Eye Concentrate and I just got a sample of the gel cleanser and it is wonderful. I only use the Concentrate about once a week or when my skin starts to look a little blah and within days, my skin has perked back up. I am AA and don't have wrinkle or line issues, but sometimes I get discoloration or hormonal skin issues and the Concentrate, for me, takes care of those issues. Ask for a sample at the La Mer counter and try it. It may not be for you. As some of the other ladies have mentioned, I have tried a lot of items in the La Mer line including the serums, but did not notice any difference.

A great daily serum is Trish McEvoy's Beauty Booster Serum.

Good Luck!

Super Contributor

I received a sample of The Concentrate with my last purchase of orig. Créme de la Mer. I used it on a bad burn on my hand from a flat iron (dropped it and tried to catch it -- NOT recommended!) The concentrate seemed to accelerate the healing as well as reducing the redness when nothing else had (I'm very fair and scars tend to show vivid redness for a long time). I was actually impressed! I'm saving what remains of my sample for ""serious"" situations!

Lola
Contributor
I also use the original create , the eye balm, and the hydrating infusion . This kept my skin in good shape over the wibter, but i may go to the soft cream as it gets warmer. As for the concentrate- I agree with Lola. I use it if my skin has a scar from a breakout, but it's the sample size. I haven't used it all over as a daily serum though.
Super Contributor

I burned my hand on an oven rack a couple of months ago. It left a mark on the top of my hand. I used Mederma for a few weeks and couldn't see any changes. While at the Guerlain counter, the SA noticed it and put some of the La Mer Concentrate on it. She said that she uses it any time she has a cut or a burn and it gives her great results. She gave me a very generous sample and told me to apply it once a day. It has faded about 75%. I either need another sample or I just need to bite the bullet and buy it. It works for me.

I do use the original cream moisturizer at night a few times a week. I'm trying to use up my other products. I also like Cle de Peau. I probably won't repurchase that though. I'm trying to pare down my skincare.