Trusted Contributor

IT Cosmetics Vitality Lip Flush- does it smell bad to anyone else?

Hi Ladies! I haven't been on here in a while. Hope everyone is doing well. I have been buying cosmetics on Ebay for years and never had an issue until I bought an It Cosmetics Vitality Lip Flush last week. It smells like used canola oil! Thank God I got it for half price. My question is does this product smell like this or is my product rancid? I have a MAC lipstick from two years ago that smells great so I didn't think much about buying a lip product from Ebay even if it may be around two years old. While I'm here, I want to recommend Bite Lipsticks. Oh they smell good and feel good on the lips, even taste good too!

A friend in need is a friend indeed.
Super Contributor

Re: IT Cosmetics Vitality Lip Flush- does it smell bad to anyone else?

Mine smells like cherries. I like the smell. I don't think it should smell like used canola oil.

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't use it.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

On 4/18/2014 1978christian said:

Mine smells like cherries. I like the smell. I don't think it should smell like used canola oil.

Ok! Yeah it is rancid. At least I didnt love the results. The stain turns into a cool-tones pink that I don't think looks great on me.

Honored Contributor

I'd let the eBay seller know and request a refund of your purchase price, including shipping. Be sure to use the eBay system so all the communication is documented. Even though the amount likely won't break you, it's the principle of the thing. If the seller is unwilling to cooperate, you can open a case to get eBay involved and you'll get your money back.

Trusted Contributor

On 4/18/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

I'd let the eBay seller know and request a refund of your purchase price, including shipping. Be sure to use the eBay system so all the communication is documented. Even though the amount likely won't break you, it's the principle of the thing. If the seller is unwilling to cooperate, you can open a case to get eBay involved and you'll get your money back.

I will do that. Thanks!