Honored Contributor

DHC Cleansing Oil Users - Have You Ever Tried the DHC Ceramide Milk?

It gets 5 stars on the DHC website. I was wondering if it might be a dupe for Josie Maran's Argan Milk? It sounds really nice.

Super Contributor

Re: DHC Cleansing Oil Users - Have You Ever Tried the DHC Ceramide Milk?

I haven't tried either but I did look at the ingredients for each on beautypedia. Josie's has a lot less ingredients but the price of the one from DHC is definitely more impressive. I found it interesting that Paula said the one from DHC did not contain ceramides as stated in the name. If I am not mistaken, I think you can order samples of the DHC products.

Honored Contributor

Thanks, myshell624. That's kind of confusing, isn't it? I also don't know why the bottle is an issue for Paula. I don't know what's in it that needs protection from light? Users surely seem to be happy with it.

Super Contributor

On 4/18/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

Thanks, myshell624. That's kind of confusing, isn't it? I also don't know why the bottle is an issue for Paula. I don't know what's in it that needs protection from light? Users surely seem to be happy with it.

The bottle wouldn't bother me personally. I store all of my products out of sunlight anyway. To me, this product is more for moisturizing and not meant to be your antioxidant protection. I do agree with Paula on a lot of things but I sometimes prefer simpler products. I don't think I need a ton of antioxidants in every product I use. I like to get my antioxidant protection from serums and moisture from my moisturizer.

Valued Contributor

I like their products and receive samples frequently. I like a few of their moisturizers.

Honored Contributor

jeanlouisefrench

How was your surgery? Are you on the mend ? I hope so!

Knowing Paula, could the bottle have to do with contamination? Do you pour it out or pump it? I am curious myself. I prefer a bottle myself with a pump.

Honored Contributor

On 4/18/2014 shoekitty said:

jeanlouisefrench

How was your surgery? Are you on the mend ? I hope so!

Knowing Paula, could the bottle have to do with contamination? Do you pour it out or pump it? I am curious myself. I prefer a bottle myself with a pump.

Hi shoekitty - Surgery was exactly a month ago, yesterday, and I'm doing great! The first night was a little rough, but getting up and moving around really helped. I bounced back very quickly, that even the doctor was impressed. She still doesn't want me lifting much or doing anything that will strain my stomach (vacuuming, pushing a shopping cart, etc.). It seems silly since I feel fine, but she knows best. Thanks for asking! Smile

The bottle on the Ceramide Milk looks like it's a pump style. I like a pump, too. I just happened to find myself looking around the DHC website when I came across it. There are a lot of products on there that get good reviews, and they even have a product use/recommendation chart that could be helpful to some people. When I began looking at some of the ingredients, however, it was disturbing to find "placental protein" in some of their concoctions. I've never really thought of myself as an animal rights advocate. As much as I love my dog and think he's the best one that ever lived, I personally don't believe animals and humans are equal. I've always believed that animals are for our use as food and to enhance our existence, yet I'm not completely opposed to all animal testing. But to think that certain animals (I think sheep and pigs are the most common) are commercially raised, impregnated, and killed in order to harvest the placenta, well, that does bother me. And now that I read the ingredients, I can un-ring the bell, so to speak.

Respected Contributor

I used the plain DHC Oil Cleanser off and on for quite a while. Paula B gives it low marks. I've forgotten why.

Honored Contributor

Jeanlouisefinch

Do as the Doctor says! You don't want to pull anything, then you'll be sorry! My daughter did that and itcost her an extra three weeks healing .

I don't use DHC products, although I have used the sample of olice cleansing oil when they send it. Removes make up. Some of the ingredients on a few things, IDK. But I am happy with what I use so I am not on a quest for a new product.

Take care!