Super Contributor

I was hoping for and expecting perhaps some new and or less often seen very special products, especially in the beauty lines. So sorry that most of the show, to me, is pretty much a line-up of the same old stuff we see all of the time.

Seems to me QVC is in a big rut, and continues to be more boring every day.

Conversely, HSN has been doing some nice beauty products and deals this evening. Just had a great deal on a 4 product Benefit makeup set. I usually don't keep tabs on HSN, but didn't want to see Jane and shoes, AGAIN.

Saw several brands I don't see on the Q, top names, it was refreshing.

Super Contributor

Re: CEW show tonight........

I agree with what you said
Trusted Contributor

Same here. I would like to see more starter kits of things I would like to try and some super-sized products that are popular and will satisfy those who are loyal users. To offer basically the same items as we can always get on QVC is kind of boring. On the other hand the shipping prices were great and the bonus sounds nice! And the charitable benefits! So it was still pretty good Smiley Happy
KJPA
Valued Contributor

It was good and it was for a good cause. So, I liked it.

Honored Contributor

The Q/CEW event was good. Nothing extraordinary but it wasn't about the products. It appears to be successful despite some naysayers, and for several years. Kudos to Q & CEW. I picked up one item & hope to try out something new from the gift bag-new to me not necessarily new to the market. Does HSN host a charitable event? Please tell. I am equally glad to have options from HSN. I have recently purchased from both companies. Competition is good. If done well, it gives us consumers options and hopefully competitive pricing!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Super Contributor

On 4/18/2014 Chi-town girl said: The Q/CEW event was good. Nothing extraordinary but it wasn't about the products. It appears to be successful despite some naysayers, and for several years. Kudos to Q & CEW. I picked up one item & hope to try out something new from the gift bag-new to me not necessarily new to the market. Does HSN host a charitable event? Please tell. I am equally glad to have options from HSN. I have recently purchased from both companies. Competition is good. If done well, it gives us consumers options and hopefully competitive pricing!

Exactly! And thank you for saying that!

Respected Contributor

On 4/18/2014 PKB said:
On 4/18/2014 Chi-town girl said: The Q/CEW event was good. Nothing extraordinary but it wasn't about the products. It appears to be successful despite some naysayers, and for several years. Kudos to Q & CEW. I picked up one item & hope to try out something new from the gift bag-new to me not necessarily new to the market. Does HSN host a charitable event? Please tell. I am equally glad to have options from HSN. I have recently purchased from both companies. Competition is good. If done well, it gives us consumers options and hopefully competitive pricing!

I agree. I haven't watched it before. I really enjoyed it, I like Jane, and I learned more about several of the vendor reps that I did not know. Sometimes you can fool yourself into believing if someone looks perfect, they have had it made. Obviously, it's not true. I was touched by some of their experiences. I liked that vendors donated product and the excitement of the sold out products. They should go another hour next year.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Honored Contributor

On 4/18/2014 Kjelle said:
On 4/18/2014 PKB said:

I agree. I haven't watched it before. I really enjoyed it, I like Jane, and I learned more about several of the vendor reps that I did not know. Sometimes you can fool yourself into believing if someone looks perfect, they have had it made. Obviously, it's not true. I was touched by some of their experiences. I liked that vendors donated product and the excitement of the sold out products. They should go another hour next year.
Yes! It certainly impressed me that there was careful thought & planning for the vendors and hosts. Each had some connection to cancer, and they were eloquent as well as genuine. Who knows? Maybe Jane was given the opportunity to honor her Mom. If you haven't been touched by cancer, stats indicate you will. I lost my Father to cancer. Would be great to have a chance to honor him and so many lost to cancer via a work related program. So I encourage everyone if you can pick up one of these CEW products if they are still available, please do it!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Regular Contributor

As a breast cancer survivor and now my sister is battling stage 4B uterine cancer at 51 years of age, I TRULY appreciate all of the vendors that donated products for this great cause and I am grateful to QVC for having this show! I don't feel it's about the products, which I thought were ok. It's for a wonderful cause!!!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart to all of the vendors and to QVC for doing Beauty With Benefits!!!

Super Contributor

I was disappointed that I wasn't able to watch the entire show, but there were some items still available later and I ordered some. The show was about the generosity of the vendors and QVC - almost unheard of for 80% of the PRICE, not just the profits, to go to the cause. It wasn't about showcasing new products but about tried and true products that the companies and QVC knew were well-liked by the customers and would sell well.