Regular Contributor

Hair color to make partial grey hair really grey?

Does anyone color her hair a "pretty" or attractive grey, using a home hair color product?

I was just thinking that instead of taking a chance that I will have a natural grey color...that at some point I might to just help it along.

I haven't seen any home color products at the drug store.

Has anyone done this?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Hair color to make partial grey hair really grey?

I don't know if you can color your hair gray. I would check with my stylist. Maybe lowlights or highlights can be done. When I stopped coloring 5 years ago, my stylist did lowlights on the top until things were grown out.

Respected Contributor

My stylists does this for me. I get foiled with a silver. I love it.
Honored Contributor

Have a professional do it ..... this is a tricky job that can be easily screwed up ..... and then you have to go to a professional to un-do the mess.

Regular Contributor

Thanks for the advice...I guess a pro would be the safest choice...maybe I need to try on some grey, white/silverish wigs to see what my skin tone would be...just a little nervous!

Respected Contributor

Just out of curiosity, I looked on YouTube, and saw there are a lot of tutorials for getting silver, gray or white hair. Just go to YouTube, and enter "silver gray hair tutorial" into the search bar. After you click on one of the videos, you can look to the right side of the screen for more "silver gray" videos, too. HTH

As already mentioned by others, you may want to have your hair professionally colored to avoid any "mistakes," but you just might find the videos interesting and informative. :-)

♥ Life is beauty full ♥