Honored Contributor

This IT Cosmetics Ombre Bronzer is fascinating..it changes color after applied!!

I read the other thread about the product being mainly shimmer and little bronzer for some and the opposite for others. Mine arrived and the first thing I saw was the bronze portion is mostly at that bottom; about 1/4 of the overall compact.

Using cotton balls, I applied each section onto my arm..the bronze is brown, the middle section gold, the top is champagne... LOTS of shimmer/shine. Not liking it.

Took another cotton ball and swirled it all over and then applied to arm...orangey/brassy/gold shimmer. Bleh. Decided it's going back and that's that.

About 10 minutes later I'm washing my hands and look at my arm where the swirl of color was applied; it had morphed into the BEAUTIFUL natural tan shade with virtually NO shimmer!

Understand that I'm very pale with pink undertones. When golf, my skin shade looks bluish as I'm that pale. This product changed color.... to match my pale pinky white skin.

I then applied it to my face.. all over and neck. NOT LOOKING GOOD. But 10 minutes or so later, I have a beautiful, natural sun-kissed look that glows... not shimmers but glows.

Amazing. I do NOT like the brush with this product as it doesn't allow me the "swirl" room I need to achieve the right look for my coloring. How funny is that?! : )

Regular Contributor

Re: This IT Cosmetics Ombre Bronzer is fascinating..it changes color after applied!!

Thank you for the review. When you applied it to your face did you run the brush over the entire compact, or just one part of it?

Valued Contributor

Re: This IT Cosmetics Ombre Bronzer is fascinating..it changes color after applied!!

That's what I was afraid of. Mine will be delivered in a couple days and I DO NOT need shimmer -- especially on my face. Interesting that the IT rep stated several times that this was not shimmer -- but rather radiance. I wish she would explain what she thinks is the difference.

Respected Contributor

So you apply the product, and then 10 minutes later you have a nice "tan"?

Super Contributor

Now you've got me giving this a second thought. I'm fair w/pink undertones, too, and have steered clear of bronzers, but this sounds lovely -- after 10 minutes! :--) I'm leaning toward Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders, but may have to give this one a try. Thanks!

Valued Contributor

Wait a minute! I just re-read your post and see now that there is NO SHIMMER after you waited. Disregard my rant above! Now I'm excited to try this.

Honored Contributor

Hey ladies. It would appear that the color-correcting properties are why it changes in shade as it's made to work with your undertones; I guess this is why it looked so awful on initial application but sometime later it looked great.

The ten minutes is how long it was before I looked at it again. When I applied it over my face, I already had makeup on... maybe that makes it change sooner? Don't know.

All I know is that the obnoxious shimmer changes to a lovely glow and the shade looks completely natural. I would NOT do bronzes simply because they fake all the time; not this one.

Last, I swirled the brush all over the entire compact for the natural tan look.

Super Contributor

I agree that this is an extremely natural looking bronzer! I was one of the people who thought the shimmer portion of my compact wasn't as large as other people have stated, but I swirl the brush over the whole thing anyway and apply like I mentioned in the other thread it seems like one sweep of the brush does my whole face at once it's so big!! Anyway, it blends beautifully IMO; doesn't look like I'm wearing "bronzer" at all. I'm really happy with it!

Trusted Contributor

What a great review, OP - you might have spared many from giving this just one try then shipping back. Good to know that waiting for the color correction to take place is an important step. I was reading the product description page today and it definitely states that this bronzer has the CC technology in it.

Think I might give it a try too - I do like other IT bronzers but this sounds even more interesting and possibly even more natural.

Thanks for sharing your experience!