Valued Contributor

I really some suggestions from those of you that have pretty well-manicured cuticles. I use a cuticle product when I do my own manicure and gently push back cuticles but they always get jagged looking and sometimes even grow onto the nail. Is there a product that really works well that I can buy at the drugstore to keep them from splitting, getting jagged and downright nasty looking? Perhaps I need to use a daily product since my hands are in water frequently during the day. Any recommendations?

Honored Contributor

I am so glad you posted this. I would love to do my own manicures, but I can't duplicate the well groomed look of a professional mani when it comes to the cuticles. I've tried several recommendations and keep them from getting dry. But the skin builds up around the edges of my fingernails and the only remedy seems to get it trimmed with nippers at the salon. I just can't do this at home. I wish their was a product that removed that dry skin. Thanks for your post, I hope someone has an answer. I'm thinking that some people just don't get the buildup of dry skin.

Esteemed Contributor

I always had a problem with my cuticles and do my own manicures. I found T.I.P.S. on QVC and the improvement is 100% better! It is so easy to do and fast. It absorbs quickly into the nail and cuticle and can be used on natural or painted nails. I would not be without it.

Hope this gives you the same results it gives me.

Honored Contributor

If you have a Sally Beauty store near you, I recommend Blue Cross cuticle remover. It's inexpensive and my favorite. That's a weekly product, so for daily use, I recommend and AHA cream or lotion, like AmLactin. Use that on cuticles every day and the AHAs will work to help keep cuticles maintained between Blue Cross treatments.

Super Contributor

Post this on WhatEverLolaWants NOTW thread. She has beautiful nails & hands. She should have some great suggestions. She has given me advice for my bitten nails.

I too have my hands in water frequently during the day. Don't like having lotion or products on when I have to prepare food, which is also frequent during the day.

Thanks to everyone who has replied with their suggestions.

Respected Contributor

I like Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream. It's not a cream, but a waxy emollient that softens with the heat of your fingers.

What worries you masters you.
Valued Contributor

I got cuticle care tips from someone on this board. Get the Sally Hansen one-minute cuticle remover. I put it on around each nail and only leave it on a couple of minutes. I use a large orange stick to push my cuticles back while the remover is still on them. I then gently scrub with a washcloth, then rinse. I then use Nailtiques Formula 2 for nail strength.

The cuticle remover can be used as many times per week as you like. I use it about once a week (once I got them in good shape). This even works when you're wearing polish.

It's the only thing that has ever worked for my cuticles. I do moisturize them often but to avoid the build-up, I use the Sally Hansen.

I buy it at CVS whenever I have a % off coupon. I think it runs about 7 dollars at CVS as the regular price.

Respected Contributor

Try Debra Lippman's products.

Contributor

I use CND solar oil every night and it really helps.

Respected Contributor

Burt's Bees cuticle cream or Dior Crème Abricot @ Sephora-both are good, I just prefer the Dior 'cause that is what I am using presently.