Respected Contributor

For Those That Have Dry SKIN........

I'm having a major bout with dry skin on my face and neck. What cream works for you for severe dry skin?

Thanks

Respected Contributor

Re: For Those That Have Dry SKIN........

Atopalm MLE Cream. I buy this at drugstore dot com. I like Ablobene moisturizing cleanser to remove makeup.

Honored Contributor

Try cleansing your face with oil. Sunflower, olive oil, jojoba oil...there are several. Some can clog pores (like coconut oil) so you'll want to stay clear of those. You won't believe what you see and feel after one cleansing! I use about a quarter size amt, gently rub it in for as long as your arms will hold out (lol). Directions on line say 6 minutes but I don't do it that long. Lay a hot washcloth over your face gently pressing. Do this 3 times and then gently remove the oil with a damp washcloth. Google "oil cleansing method". You'll love it Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I have been using coconut oil (solid) to take my make up off and then wash with cetaphil or crere ve. I also use my clarisonic several times a week as well as use a scrub several days a week, my skin is 59 years old and in really good shape and soft! I also use argan oil after I wash my face at night everything soaks in really well and does not leave my skin greasy feeling.

I use Dr. Denese products on my skin.

Respected Contributor

Dimitri James Collagenesis line on ShopHQ works for me. His Hydrosurge and 24 Hour Preservation Cream are just 2 of my favorites.

Super Contributor

Skinn Collagenesis 24 Hour Youth Preservation Cream. I use it day and night, my skin remains plumped up and soft.

Contributor

On 4/17/2014 monicakm said:

Try cleansing your face with oil. Sunflower, olive oil, jojoba oil...there are several. Some can clog pores (like coconut oil) so you'll want to stay clear of those. You won't believe what you see and feel after one cleansing! I use about a quarter size amt, gently rub it in for as long as your arms will hold out (lol). Directions on line say 6 minutes but I don't do it that long. Lay a hot washcloth over your face gently pressing. Do this 3 times and then gently remove the oil with a damp washcloth. Google "oil cleansing method". You'll love it Smiley Happy

I wouldn't recommend using a hot washcloth. That will further dry your skin out. Warm water is fine.

Respected Contributor

STOP using soap on your face and body. My Derm told me years ago, next to sun, soap/or any fancy ( such as Philosophy) face/body cleansers that contain soap, is the worst thing you can do. For years I have used organic face soap-free cleansers and the same for my body. In a pinch, use Baby shampoo- I just don;t like color and chemicals they add.

STOP using a wash cloth and overly warm water!

GOOD LUCK!

Valued Contributor

I would recommend any moisturizer that contains hyaluronic acid. Of course, be sure that there aren't any other bad ingredients in ingredient list that would cause your already dry skin to be irritated or aggravated. But my derm has always just reiterated that hyaluronic acid is THE ingredient to look for when dry.

Respected Contributor

On 4/17/2014 MarenSeattle said:

Skinn Collagenesis 24 Hour Youth Preservation Cream. I use it day and night, my skin remains plumped up and soft.

I have used this all winter and I didn't get flakey like I normally do with other moisturizers. This even seems like it creates a barrier of some sort. ....and I know I am probably using too much because I can see where a little goes a long way. I couldn't use it in the summer last year but it was a great solution in the winter. Just wish it had a little SPF. I don't even care about a high amount. OP, also try Burt's bees with clary sage, I have used the night moisturizer and it seems to be hydrating.