Trusted Contributor

Younger skin through exercise

Interesting article about a new study on exercise and skin aging.

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/04/16/younger-skin-through-exercise/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0

Occasional Contributor

Re: Younger skin through exercise

Found the article very interesting. I do exercise I don't know that I look any younger, but I do exercise to stay strong. As they say strong body, strong mind.

Honored Contributor

Oh I believe it! Exercise benefits everything in your body! I'm a firm believer in exercise! I never go a day without it.

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

Ah-so! Neat confirmations that exercise is part of the program! I would say I am active, and I know that contributes to my overall skin health.

Honored Contributor

When I don't exercise, my skin tone is different, not as radiant and even. Exercise is my best makeup secret!

Super Contributor

I truly believe exercise improves skin. Just the improved circulation is a big completion booster.

Esteemed Contributor

When one adheres to regular exercise in addition to the healthy body appearance one achieves, other things seem to happen such as getting better sleep, having a healthier diet, better frame of mind to name a few.

We know quality sleep is wonderful for the complexion because cosmetic companies frequently use words to the effect of their products giving you that good sleep appearance in their ads and claims.

Esteemed Contributor

I also saw this on GMA this morning. I'm a believer!!! If your body is healthy, then your skin is healthy and more youthful.

(of course, I write this as I sit on my lazy butt and play on the computer...)

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I've always believed this to be true! Along with a good diet and hydration.

I don't think all the creams and potions in the world can compete.

Honored Contributor

On 4/17/2014 tototwo said:

I also saw this on GMA this morning. I'm a believer!!! If your body is healthy, then your skin is healthy and more youthful.

(of course, I write this as I sit on my lazy butt and play on the computer...)

Smiley Happy Yep....it's a lot easier to spread cream on your face than get to the gym!!! However, I think it is more effective than any of these products....sheesh, I wish it wasn't so!