Regular Contributor

Early 40 beauties with occasional breakouts, what skin care products do you use?

I have oily skin that used to be very acneic and now I just get an occasional breakout. Now that I'm 42 I'm more mindful of not only keeping my skin clear, but also using products that are anti aging. I find that if you have oily skin and/or skin that still breaks out at times it's hard to find anti aging products that work as many of them have oils that can aggravate the skin. If you are in this boat and have something you recommend, please share with me and the rest of the readers what has worked for you. Thanks so much in advance for your replies, Gloria

Respected Contributor

Re: Early 40 beauties with occasional breakouts, what skin care products do you use?

http://www.paulaschoice.com/skin-types/oily/?skintypeorconcern1=Oily

Many of Paula's products are for anti-aging and acne/large pores.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Early 40 beauties with occasional breakouts, what skin care products do you use?

The lines that I've had the most success with: Control Corrective, Alpha Hydroxy and Perricone. A high frequency device works well to keep skin clear, but I have so many other gadgets that I'm not consistent with mine.
Super Contributor

I'm 41 and use Paula's Choice 1/ BHA lotion, Paula's Choice Resist Light serum and Resist moisturizer with Retinol(night only). My 14 year old DD uses the clear skin hydrator from PC. Love and recommend her products to all of my friends. They always compliment my skin and I'm always happy to share my " secrets"
Super Contributor

Paula's Choice!!!! There are better anti-aging products out there, but no one, and I mean no one, does anti-aging with acne better than Paula's Choice. Try her 2% BHA liquid, the ultra-light Resist line, resist clear skin hydrator, skin balancing cleanser & toner. The best ever for aging skin with acne tendencies.