Valued Contributor

Article on efforts to impose new safety rules for the $70 billion cosmetics industry!

An interesting read!

Link

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Article on efforts to impose new safety rules for the $70 billion cosmetics industry!

Thank you for posting this. I was totally unaware that the FDA had very little regulatory authority over beauty products and personal care products. normally I am not one to sanction more government oversight in our lives but in this case it surely is warranted.
Valued Contributor

Re: Article on efforts to impose new safety rules for the $70 billion cosmetics industry!

Before they regulate beauty items how about taking all the harmful chemicals off the shelves at stores like roundup ect that is probably way worse than whats in skincare.Oh ya forgot Michael Todd has close ties to the chemical company's such as Monsanto!..What a joke they are!

Honored Contributor

I am a fan of regulation when it comes to the food we eat, the water we drink, the air we breathe, and anything else that is a matter of public health and safety.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

On 4/16/2014 gazelle77 said: The Less government meddling the better ....all they do is cause trouble.

I wonder whether you might change your mind if you or someone you loved was injured, incapacitated, or killed as a direct result of "less government meddling."

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

On 4/16/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 4/16/2014 gazelle77 said:
On 4/16/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 4/16/2014 gazelle77 said: The Less government meddling the better ....all they do is cause trouble.

I wonder whether you might change your mind if you or someone you loved was injured, incapacitated, or killed as a direct result of "less government meddling."

I am more afraid for their lives as a result of any government meddling....

You mean like when the government closes a slaughterhouse because of the heinously unsanitary conditions that could kill you? Or the farms shut down until they clean up their act and do more to prevent e coli and salmonella from killing you?

I don't even want to imagine living in a society like that. No one is in favor of needless regulation. But no regulation????? Wow.

Brother... Calm down and take a rest....you might have a stroke.
Super Contributor

Part of these regulations will re-instate animal testing. Not good.

http://www.change.org/petitions/congress-stop-the-potential-for-the-u-s-to-require-animal-testing-th...

Honored Contributor

The Consumer Reports article to which the OP linked didn't specify any particular bill or proposed legislation.

If it is, in fact, related to H.R. 1385 (Safe Cosmetics and Personal Care Products Act of 2013, I just read the summary and the whole section that would relate to the issue of animal testing. I can see how the wording raises a red flag, even though on the face of it, it seems to be heading in the right direction.

I think it's very possible that changes will be made to that section, given the strong public reaction.

Trusted Contributor

Absolutely! To start, let's do away with all the safety regulations and emission standards for auto makers. Next, get rid of all those pesky speed limits. And, how dare they require anyone to have to get a driver's license and insurance! Talk about an attack on our freedom! No more recalls of dangerous cars! If someone runs into you and you end up an invalid, just pull yourself up by your bootstraps! That's freedom.

Super Contributor

I truly hope that they do not reinstate animal testing.