Super Contributor
A woman on ShpHQ is selling a skincare line named Elizabeth Grant. She said that her grandmother, who was injured by a V2 bomb and is now 91, started the company. Does anyone know anything about this woman and the line?
Honored Contributor

Not much to tell, I do indeed remember the Grandmother when she sold her products on a couple of different shopping channels. That was a while ago. As I recall the story, Elizabeth Grant suffered some facial injuries during the London bombings in WWII. She was left with some scars that none of the doctors of the day could treat. So, she developed her own skincare treatment and LO and Behold !!! Her treatment vanished those scars. So, she developed an entire line around it. Built a beauty business. I know it was and still is quite popular in Canadian department stores. It's well know, like Elizabeth Arden.

Honored Contributor

You can read her ""story"" on Dermstore.com

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

E.G. used to sell her own products. She was in her 80's at the time. I tried her products back then, they were ok but nothing special. "Toricellum" is a company-devised name for marine extracts, there is no such thing as toricellum. The story about bomb damage and the derm may or may not be true. Just another line as far as I'm concerned. Not the worst, but nothing amazing about them.

Super Contributor
Another story tied to another skin care line.... They always have to have a special ingredient, a 70 year old French lady, or a bomb victim ....oh and of course the Geishas LOL!
Honored Contributor

Not interested in the line, but I would have to think that she'd be nuts to make up the bombing story. The rest of the stuff about the miracle ingredient has surely been embellished in the same way all companies embellish.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I agree, this line is usually a very good value for the money, but nothing outstanding as far as winning ingredients. Also, this is another one like Dr Graf and SSC where I never order without checking ingredients first.

Super Contributor
Thanks. I was looking at.wiki and like spots didn't turn up much information.
Esteemed Contributor

Elizabeth Grant has written a book with her daughter-in-law, you can find the book on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Elizabeth-Grant-My-Life-My-Story/dp/1449047602

I read her autobiography a few years ago and Elizabeth Grant has led a fascinating life.

She was a makeup artist and was injured by a bomb blast in London, England during WW2. It's why she's deaf in one ear. She had severe facial injuries on one side of her face.

Elizabeth Grant and her daughter-in-law Marion started their skin care company in Canada but Elizabeth also had her own skin care line in England and South Africa before she moved to Canada.

Elizabeth appears frequently on The Shopping Channel in Canada along with her daughter in law Marion (who was also known as Suzenne) and her grand-daughter Margot. If you look on The Shopping Channel's facebook page, there's some recent photo albums of her last birthday celebration so you can see photos of all 3 ladies with TSC hosts and customers.

Elizabeth Grant one of the best selling beauty vendors on TSC in Canada, you can sometimes see her skin care products at Winners in Canada (so you may want to check TJ Maxx or Marshall's in the U.S. too, if you want to try her line.) She certainly doesn't look like she's over 90 years old!