Super Contributor

What do you use for setting curls?

I'm asking for some help ladies. What do you use to set curls when using a curling iron or hot curlers? I've been using hair spray but I don't like how my hair looks after I take the curlers out. My hair feels stiff. I'd love to hear you suggestions. The last time I asked this question I only got one response. I tried the product and it didn't work well for me. Thank you in advance !
Super Contributor

Re: What do you use for setting curls?

Redken 22 Hot Sets Thermal Setting Mist
Esteemed Contributor

I also like to use the Redken setting mist.
Super Contributor

Thank you! Do you spray it on your hair before curling or after? I'm looking for something that holds the curl.
Super Contributor

Sebastian Whipped creme

Contributor

Paul Mitchell Hot of the Press.. my curls have lasted up to 3 days with this..

Super Contributor

Ojon hairspray works well for me and I still have curl the next two days at least and I have poker straight hair.

Regular Contributor

I wished some company would bring back a curling iron with steam. I do not know why they stopped making them unless it was because of burns. They have flat irons with mist systems but I do not like flat irons. The steam really helped to lock in my curl without hairspray. If anyone knows about one on the market please let me know.

Super Contributor

I remember my mom had a set of hot curlers that you poured water into a compartment and the curlers steamed. I was too little to remember the brand but my mom swore by them. She could keep a curl for a few days when she used them. Thanks for the suggestions ladies!
Valued Contributor

Kenra also has some products that work fairly well, also...