Honored Contributor

WHO HAS IT CELEBRATON FOUNDATION AND NEW ILLUMINATING ONE AND QUESTION PLEASE…?

Hi ladies. For those of you who have both, can you tell me which you prefer? Do you like the coverage better on one vs. the other? How do they differ? Do you see any true "illumination" with the new one or is the new one very similar to the Celebration? Also, does the new one have SPF? TIA for any info, input and opinions. Win

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

Re: WHO HAS IT CELEBRATON FOUNDATION AND NEW ILLUMINATING ONE AND QUESTION PLEASE…?

Hi Win -

I have both. I know there are a lot of ladies who like the new Illumination version, but I am not fond of it. Coverage wise, I'd say they're equal. Personally, I don't like having that "glow" all over. Rather, I prefer using a non-illuminating powder (the regular Celebration Foundation or Laura Geller's Baked Elements), and then using IT's Hello Light Illuminating Powder only in certain spots. The second and third ingredients in the Celebration Foundation Illumination are titanium dioxide and zinc oxide, which are physical sunscreens.

Honored Contributor

Re: WHO HAS IT CELEBRATON FOUNDATION AND NEW ILLUMINATING ONE AND QUESTION PLEASE…?

Thanks loads. I think I"d like it then as I like that glow. I appreciate the info. I wonder what the SPF is? Thanks, btw, as always.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks from me too, JLF, as I also like that glow and probably wouldn't have tried this out if you hadn't provided that great comparison. I think when you have dry skin (which I have in spades) having a bit of glow makes me feel like my skin looks a bit more alive. I have never had even a slight shine to my skin (including during the teenage and young adult years) so being able to have some glow is a nice change.

Thanks so much for elaborating on the two! Wink

And thanks to you Winnie for starting a thread on these to begin with {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Honored Contributor

You're quite welcome, ladies! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

On 4/15/2014 wackers said:

Thanks from me too, JLF, as I also like that glow and probably wouldn't have tried this out if you hadn't provided that great comparison. I think when you have dry skin (which I have in spades) having a bit of glow makes me feel like my skin looks a bit more alive. I have never had even a slight shine to my skin (including during the teenage and young adult years) so being able to have some glow is a nice change.

Thanks so much for elaborating on the two! Wink

And thanks to you Winnie for starting a thread on these to begin with {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Thanks Wackers! I think I may order it. I think JLF's comments helped me to decide. I love a bit of a glow , LOL. But, I also love a bit of shimmer and even sparkle! I'm kind of a "girlie girl".Wink

Super Contributor

I have both and I didn't like the original at first until I found a way to use it to my advantage. I use a beauty blender and just lightly tap it on my face and then take a brush to buff it lightly. I am not fond of the new one anyway you put it. It is more glittery than what I would like. I'm thinking that maybe I will mix the two and it won't be too bad. Then again when my dark spots fade (I found something that is finally working) maybe I will want to glitter, lol.

Super Contributor

On 4/15/2014 Katluvr58 said:

I have both and I didn't like the original at first until I found a way to use it to my advantage. I use a beauty blender and just lightly tap it on my face and then take a brush to buff it lightly. I am not fond of the new one anyway you put it. It is more glittery than what I would like. I'm thinking that maybe I will mix the two and it won't be too bad. Then again when my dark spots fade (I found something that is finally working) maybe I will want to glitter, lol.

Do tell.......what is working on your dark spots?

Respected Contributor

Hi Win. I don't know if you have her original Celebration foundation or not. I do and I really like it. I ordered the new one because a little glow appealed to me. I love the Smashbox Halo for that reason. That is my go to foundation but I wanted to try this one.

I can tell you that the shades are not the same. I ordered the same color and the new one is waaaaay darker. I am so disappointed. And I don't see the "glow" that others are talking about. I am afraid to order the next lighter shade as I think it will be to yellow. I really am not going to be able to use this one.

I also got the new Bare Minerals liquid serum foundation. Awful stuff. So orange. Yuck. and it feels like a mask to me. Guess I will just go back to my Halo and stop this madness of trying every new one that comes along!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}Yeah, sure. That is what I will do.

ETA...And that little bottle of Bare Minerals...so hard to squeeze a few drops out of. Not handy at all.

Super Contributor

I have had the original in the past and liked it very, very much. I ran out and had not reordered yet. I use LG Bal. & Brighten also (fair shade). Anyway, today I went to Ulta and they had the original and the new illuminating one in stock. I decided to try the NEW one. I did use a sponge to dab the light shade and medium shade on my skin. I use the medium in the original, but I felt the light was better for me in the illuminating foundation. After trying it, I decided to buy it. When I got home, I swiped the foundation all over my face with my face brush, which is what I normally use to apply foundation. I have to say, I really like the way my skin looks. My skin is oily, so I don't know how this will perform in the long run, but my skin looks fantastic. The coverage is about the same, and for me, the "glow" is subtle, but it does make my skin look almost airbrushed. (And I can assure you, my skin is NOT flawless!) I do like to wear a cc cream kind of as a primer and then apply my powder foundation lightly on top. I am currently using the IT CC cream mostly. (I've been on a BB/CC cream binge lately!) I would still repurchase the original, but I am glad I bought the illuminating foundation today!!