Esteemed Contributor

UPDATE ON MINERAL FUSION MASCARA!

Finally, a mascara I am pleased with. I have been using this mascara for 2 weeks and can happily say there is nothing about it I don't like. April is one of the worst months for my allergies. Consequently, as soon as I put mascara on, my eyes would water.

This mascara is hypoallergenic and does not have those funky plastic bristles. I purchased the lengthening formula in Rock (which is lighter than Graphite, but darker than a normal brown mascara). The best part is no more runny eyes.

And really, at $15.00, it is not much more than drugstore mascara.

Trusted Contributor

Re: UPDATE ON MINERAL FUSION MASCARA!

Where did you buy this?

Did it clump at all? Did you put on more than one coat?

This sounds nice, I tend towards lengthening mascara as it isn't as clumpy & I like the color you described & I like no plastic wands

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/15/2014 AnnMarie-1 said:

Where did you buy this?

This sounds nice, I tend towards lengthening mascara as it isn't as clumpy & I like the color you described & I like no plastic wands

AnnMarie, Whole Foods carries Mineral Fusion products, as well as my neighborhood coop. It doesn't clump and is buildable, if you wish to put on more than one coat. It is also advertised as nourishing and protecting lashes to promote health and fullness.

I don't normally like to make recommendations for fear others won't see a product as I do. However, Whole Foods will happily take back anything a customer is not satisfied with.

I am just over the moon that my eyes are no longer running!

Contributor

I am interested in finding a new mascara--something that is hypoallergenic. Is the Mineral Fusion mascara water resistant (I prefer that it is not) and does it rub off and leave dark areas under your eyes after you have worn it a while? Any information you provide is appreciated.

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/15/2014 loisp said:

I am interested in finding a new mascara--something that is hypoallergenic. Is the Mineral Fusion mascara water resistant (I prefer that it is not) and does it rub off and leave dark areas under your eyes after you have worn it a while? Any information you provide is appreciated.

Hi lois. Sorry for not checking back sooner. The Mineral Fusion mascara is not waterproof if that is the same as water resistant. It does come off easily with my cleanser every night. I really don't have problems with any mascara leaving dark areas under my eyes, so I cannot speak to that. I can say it doesn't flake or smudge.

If you give it a try, I hope you like it. But know that if you are not satisfied, you can return it for a refund!

Contributor

Thank you magicmoodz for responding to my questions. This sounds like just the mascara I've been looking for. Will head out to a Whole Foods market as soon as I get a day off (I have a crazy work schedule). My local co-op did not carry it. I am excited to try it. Thanks again.

Super Contributor

Thanks for your review. I have allergies and trouble with mascara in the spring. Looks interesting. I found the ingredients for those who are interested:

Water, Beeswax, Stearic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Synthetic Wax, Butylene Glycol, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Sodium Hydroxide, Lecithin, Polysorbate 20, Sorbitan Laurate, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Propylene Glycol Laurate/Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Iron Oxides (CI 77499).

Trusted Contributor

On 4/15/2014 magicmoodz said:

Where did you buy this?

AnnMarie, Whole Foods carries Mineral Fusion products, as well as my neighborhood coop. It doesn't clump and is buildable, if you wish to put on more than one coat. It is also advertised as nourishing and protecting lashes to promote health and fullness.

I don't normally like to make recommendations for fear others won't see a product as I do. However, Whole Foods will happily take back anything a customer is not satisfied with.

Thanks Magic!

They carry this line at Wegman's grocery stores, here on the east coast, we do not have Whole Foods

I will check it out, like the brush

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/16/2014 AnnMarie-1 said:
On 4/15/2014 magicmoodz said:

Where did you buy this?

Thanks Magic!

They carry this line at Wegman's grocery stores, here on the east coast, we do not have Whole Foods

I will check it out, like the brush

I hope you like it AnnMarie! I like the brush very much!