Super Contributor

BEST DRUGSTOR POWDER FOUNDATION

Who makes the best powder foundation from a drugstore? Looking for something that gives great coverage and will last. Thanks!

Super Contributor

Re: BEST DRUGSTOR POWDER FOUNDATION

I like the Mineral Wear foundation from Physicians Formula. I have heard good things about a Revlon powder foundation as well but haven't tried it as they test on animals so I won't buy.

Honored Contributor

OP ---- Are you referring to a mineral makeup .... or a regular makeup?

Super Contributor

I really like Cover Girl Simply Powder Foundation. But I like to apply it with a brush (my Bare minerals one) and just use the sponge for touch-ups.

Super Contributor

I've tried the CG Simply Powder foundation but find NO coverage at all with it. I'll be watching this thread, too, to find some other options!!

Valued Contributor

Hi Poppet~

I like Physician's Formula, too, but also nominate Milani, Rimmel's Stay Matte, and good old Coty in the old-fashioned round powder box container (now plastic instead of cardboard). I have oily skin and have worn them all with good result. Best wishes in your search! ~Peach

Super Contributor

I like Physicians Formula BB powder. I think it's rather new. It's 40% off this week at Ulta.

Honored Contributor

Physicians' Formula...........you can build it up to cover anything

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Valued Contributor

....and Physicians Formula tanning compact
Valued Contributor

I like the L'Oreal Bare Naturale powdered mineral foundation. I don't use the brush that comes with it. I use a large kabuki brush that I purchased at CVS. I have found that many powder foundations cover much better if you use the proper brush. I usually stock up on the foundation when CVS has a sale. I think Walmart also carries it a little cheaper if you only want to buy one to check it out. There are several shades to choose from and it covers well. There doesn't appear to be much powder in the container but I find that it last a very long time.