Valued Contributor

beauty with benefits prices?

Seems like last year they cut the price. I got the lipstick queen item for about half the price it is now. the gift bag had more than 5 item last year didn't it? Disappointing :-
Super Contributor

Re: beauty with benefits prices?

Yes, last year's gift bag was jam-packed w/ stuff - in fact it's funny when I ordered something last year I didn't realize this was an "event" and came w/ the gift so when I opened my box I thought they had sent me something extra by mistake!! I don't recall the prices being lowered, just that you get a gift w/ a purchase and a higher % of the proceeds go to charity. Not sure if there will be anything worth ordering this year or not - I'm tired of all the same 'ol stuff.

Super Contributor

I just took a peek at the few things that are listed early and I am really disappointed in the gift with purchase. Last year it was SO full of lots of goodies, both full size and sample size, and this year it says there will be 5 items and the photo shows little tiny bottles behind a red cosmetic bag. Not impressed. Just don't understand why QVC would be so generous the first year of the event only to disappoint the next year.

Tami

Frequent Contributor

I saw that every item in the event will have $2 shipping. I got the Dior mascara last year and it was regular price - no discount. The goodie bag was a fantastic bonus - but I remember how some people placed mulitple separate orders in order to get lots of extra freebies and then bragged about it. Meanwhile the items and goodie bags ran out for other people.

Valued Contributor

On 4/15/2014 MeAgain said:

I saw that every item in the event will have $2 shipping. I got the Dior mascara last year and it was regular price - no discount. The goodie bag was a fantastic bonus - but I remember how some people placed mulitple separate orders in order to get lots of extra freebies and then bragged about it. Meanwhile the items and goodie bags ran out for other people.

maybe that is why they are not so generous this year. I was looking forward to the gift bag, so sad. I just got one bag, but it was full of goodies.
Honored Contributor

If 80% of the purchase price goes to benefit Cancer and Careers, I don't want them to lower the prices.

Valued Contributor

On 4/15/2014 ChynnaBlue said:

If 80% of the purchase price goes to benefit Cancer and Careers, I don't want them to lower the prices.

yes, except they might sell more with lower price.
Valued Contributor

yes, last year most of the items were 1/2 off retail.

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Contributor

On 4/15/2014 MeAgain said:

I ordered 3 items last year, in the same order, and to my surprise I got 3 gift bags.

Super Contributor

On 4/15/2014 TamiT28 said:

I just took a peek at the few things that are listed early and I am really disappointed in the gift with purchase. Last year it was SO full of lots of goodies, both full size and sample size, and this year it says there will be 5 items and the photo shows little tiny bottles behind a red cosmetic bag. Not impressed. Just don't understand why QVC would be so generous the first year of the event only to disappoint the next year.

Tami

I just posted this today on another thread. The products I saw had some at very small sample bottles and sizes, and it didn't look like the entire collection would even begin to fill the bag. Hope I'm wrong about that.