Super Contributor

Favorite eyeshadow primer for oily lids?

Hi everyone!

I know this subject must have been discussed here a lot. I just wanted to get advice/opinions from all my oily lid beauty friends on what you do to make your eyeshadow stay put. I've tried a lot of primers (from UD, Too Faced shadow insurance to ELF) with all kinds of highly pigmented good quality shadows on top..and my eyeshadow still fades and disappears within an hour or two!

Does anyone have any recommendations or advice? TIA{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Super Contributor

Re: Favorite eyeshadow primer for oily lids?

I have oily lids too but UD has been my HG for several years. As far as your shadow fading & disappearing, it could be it isn't highly pigmented. Most OTC shadows do not stay on my lids even w/the primer. MAC eye cosmetics have proven to be best for me. Good luck!
Super Contributor

I have yet to find anything better than UD for my oily eyelids. I would be interested to hear what others think.

Super Contributor

I also have oily eyelids and have tried several different brands. I have used UDPP, Trish McEvoy, Too Faced, and Lorac. I have to say that I have strictly used Lorac lately, it never creases and I like that it's in a tube. I save my Too Faced samples for traveling/gym. HTH
Super Contributor

With lip primers, less is more. You need very little and if you use too much, it will crease and fade.

I have very oily lids and use UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre or Painterly. The Soft Ochre is better for my skin tone. MAC Paints, a cream shadow in a tube, was too drying for me so you might consider that. It comes in several skin tone colors. Again, less is more.

The e.l.f. Eyelid Primer, not the mineral version, is excellent, too, and you can't beat the price!

Beauty blogger and YTer who loves it all! Cheers, Lulu Bea aka Lulu On Beauty - Let's be FACEBOOK beauty friends!
Trusted Contributor

Mally's Shadow Base is the BEST I've ever used. My lids tend to be somewhat oily and this products keeps my shadows on (no matter which brand), all day long. I've been using it for quite a few years now and wouldn't be without it.

Contributor

I have tried UD, and Too Faced Shadow Insurance and Mac Paint Pot beats them by a mile! I use Painterly, which corrects my dark lids and my shadow stays all day! Still on my first pot, used everyday for over a year!

Respected Contributor

Nothing works better for me than the ELF lid primer for $1. It comes in a tube with a sponge tip applicator and just apply and let it totally dry before doing anything else. I have tried so many others and this works the best for me, go figure. I got mine at Target.

New Contributor

Merle Norman is the best I have used. I too have the oily eyelids and other areas. My eye shadow stays on till I take it off. It is worth trying.

Valued Contributor

I just tried the Avon's light beige primer and I was very impressed with it. It is being discontinued so I thought I would try it. I have very oily lids and it did a great job keeping my shadow in place for an entire day. $2.99/pot.